Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Professional Bracelet Question

1. Driv3r Jan 2, 2019

Hello all,

Had a couple questions about the speedy pro bracelets. The current 311- reference watch has a bracelet with no half links and only two micro adjustments on the clasp. I have previously owned a late model 3570 speedmaster which had 3 micro-adjustments on the clasp and a half link available if needed. My question is, can the older clasp be bought and placed onto the newer bracelet so you gain a hold of micro-adjustment? Is the older push pin bracelet with 3 hole clasp available to buy still new, and can it be fitted to the latest speedmaster?

Thanks!

2. Driv3r Jan 13, 2019

bump!

3. Skyblue44 Jan 13, 2019

I would think that the dimensions for the watch head remain pretty much the same, so probably yes, but I haven't tried it in person. That being said, the bracelet that came with the 3570 (1998?) is not the best either when it comes to adjustability.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 14, 2019

I seem to recall they use different methods to attach the links.

5. BradleyJ. Jan 14, 2019

If I understand correctly you have a new speedy with bracelet and it's not enough adjustment? Why not replace the clasp with the push button micro adjustment style? It looks the same and cost isnt that bad actually. Here's a part number if it helps but you also need 2 end links to make it work. Wanna say end links are around 45 each.

And if I did misunderstand the point of your post then just disregard everything I've said Haha.

20190114_162520.jpg
  6. rob#1 Jan 14, 2019

I spoke with my local OB about this recently, and their workaround used a different clasp (that doesn’t have ‘Professional’ on it, if that bothers you). They would swap it over once you bought the (approximately) $200 clasp.

Luckily for me they tried removing a link and changing the clasp position which gave the required fit - which beats walking around with the watch swinging around down near my thumb!

Although, as my wrist changes with humidity and temperature it would be nice to have more adjustment. Currently I just stick on NATOs and straps when it’s uncomfortable, then it looks all new again :rolleyes: