Speedmaster Professional 3861 - Smellier than other watches?

Posts
13,522
Likes
23,461
Best thread title in a long time.

I once had a terrible smell in my room at uni. I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from at first. Turns out a girl I knew had put some ham in one of my shoes as a joke.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Smelly watch? I have next to no sense of smell left due to an industrial accident (chlorine gas leak) So if it bothers you, give it to me I probably won't notice anything as I wear it, other than a sense of being fortunate to have had the accident!
I bought a watch on eBay that came with a very nice leather strap- it was hardly worn but it was clear that the previous owner had doused his wrists in some nasty man-stank cologne- I smelled it the second I opened the box. I left it in the sun for several days, put it in a bag of baking soda, I even tried cleaning it with isopropyl and it couldn’t kill that stench. Finally I had to bin the strap- and my kitchen trash can smelled like it for the next few days.
 
Posts
5,076
Likes
15,712
… No booty stank fortunately!

That’s great news. For @Meme-Dweller ’s benefit though, could you please describe, in detail, any household items that do have booty stank?
 
Posts
3,895
Likes
23,291
“Excuse me sir, can you tell me what smell it is?”
 
Posts
18,307
Likes
27,671
It appears that contrary to popular belief there can be original threads here.
 
Posts
30,192
Likes
77,940
There are no smells in the vacuum of space.

I've read that many astronauts have said space does have a smell when they come back in through an air lock - ozone, gunpowder, and burnt steak were common smells reported.
 
Posts
35,655
Likes
39,900
I've read that many astronauts have said space does have a smell when they come back in through an air lock - ozone, gunpowder, and burnt steak were common smells reported.
I guess that’s still a lot better than submarines which tend to smell like cat piss, thankfully Planet Oceans and Seamasters let the authenticity end at helium escape valves
 
Posts
97
Likes
94
Does it smell of freshly cut lawn?
Only if you are brave enough to wear your Speedmaster while mowing it...
 
Posts
1,990
Likes
9,505
I bought a watch on eBay that came with a very nice leather strap- it was hardly worn but it was clear that the previous owner had doused his wrists in some nasty man-stank cologne- I smelled it the second I opened the box. I left it in the sun for several days, put it in a bag of baking soda, I even tried cleaning it with isopropyl and it couldn’t kill that stench. Finally I had to bin the strap- and my kitchen trash can smelled like it for the next few days.
Edited:
 
Posts
10,070
Likes
57,380

ALIEN IX: “WHAT THE HELL STINKS ON THIS SPACE STATION!?!”
 
Posts
1,915
Likes
2,932
I mean, you can’t expect Snoopy to hold it in forever. Keep your eyes on the stars but watch where you step.
 
Posts
197
Likes
156
I've read that many astronauts have said space does have a smell when they come back in through an air lock - ozone, gunpowder, and burnt steak were common smells reported.
When will Omega release a men's cologne with that smell?