Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster pro power reserve

1. airbag Feb 8, 2016

hi.
    Interested to know how the speedy pro (say 80s-90s models) compares in its power reserves to other Swiss manual watch designs of a similar price range and period.

I've heard people mention to wind them daily, with a max storage capacity of 48 hours?

Is this typical of a sports chronograph across other brands or do the power reserves vary greatly?
    I think a great chance to interact with the watch.. But did think it would require winding less often.

Edited Feb 8, 2016
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 8, 2016

I wind mine every day.

My wife forgets to, and it lasts well into next day.

So far, I remind her before it stops

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 8, 2016

Power reserve is stated by Omega to be 48 hours, but the for the best timekeeping performance, winding daily is the best strategy.

There are other watches that are shorter, and some that are longer. 48 hours I would say is pretty typical.

Cheers, Al

airbag likes this.
  4. airbag Feb 8, 2016

Thank you Archer.

5. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Feb 8, 2016

Yes, as @Archer says, your watch's timekeeping can vary appreciably depending on its wind state. My watch runs several seconds per day faster 24 hours after winding (when compared to shortly after winding), and several seconds per day faster than that as it gets closer to 48 hours.

6. sirish19 Feb 9, 2016

I have two manual wind watches, my Speedmaster transitional and a VC Patrimony and I wind them every day. In fact, that's the one pleasure that gets me up out of bed every day. As you said, it is a chance to interact with these magnificent works of art. I have my other watches on winders and it is really not the same thing.

7. Fernando Feb 9, 2016

I wind mine every day.