Forums Latest Members
  1. Jamie Apr 7, 2014

Hi

My name is Jamie. I have a Speedmaster Professional with a 1171 bracelet. What is believed to be a springbar has been lost from the clasp, the one that joins the strap to the clasp shell. I have had a reasonable repair cost quoted, but I don't really want to post the watch if I can help it; the watch has great sentimental value to me as it was my late father's watch. It was very lucky I did not loose the watch when the part broke. From memory, my dad had the bracelet replaced by Omega for a like for like bracelet about 4 years ago as the original from around 1968 was pretty much shot. Therefore I would hope the condition of the rest of the bracelet is "safe".

Before I commit to the stress of posting it or maybe the strap alone; does anyone know the correct size/type of springbar required, and or where I may possibly get one from in the UK?

Thank you.

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg
  2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2014

3. Dash1 Apr 8, 2014

You probably need a 16mm spring bar, but to be sure measure the width of the clasp cover between the sides. I have some spares and you are welcome to have one for nothing to save you buying 100. PM me with the measurement and your address.

Georgieboy58 and Spacefruit like this.
  4. Jamie Apr 8, 2014

DSCF3023.jpg DSCF3025.jpg DSCF3022.jpg DSCF3019.jpg DSCF3020.jpg Thank you both for your prompt reply, and many thanks Ash for your offer, I will PM you.
    It is 16mm in length, but the maximum diameter to insert the pin through on the clasp is reasonably small at ~1.25mm.

The watch is pretty much original, even the tritium still glows slightly, although very dimly. It has a few marks, but my dad used to wear it all the time and to me these are part of its history.