Forums Latest Members
  1. Squan Jun 10, 2019

Hey all,

I am new to this forum but I wanted to ask about pricing for my new omega speedmaster. I recently purchased a new speedmaster moonwatch hesalite from an AD, and I am thinking about selling it. I have worn it every day for a few months since I got it, so it generally is in good shape. There are a few scratches on the case from strap changing, and a few scratches on some of the links from bracelet adjusting. Other than that it comes with full box and papers. How much do lightly used speedmasters go for?

Thanks

2. corn18 Jun 10, 2019

Did you look on Ebay or chrono24 or watchrecon? I'd do it for you, but I'm not in a giving mood this evening.

STANDY, M'Bob and Foo2rama like this.
  3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 10, 2019

My buddy has been thinking about selling his. He has the large box and it's a complete set, probably 2 years old. I told him to check out past sales on eBay.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Squan Jun 10, 2019

I’m getting that used speedmasters sell for around 3500. Does this sound reasonable to you guys?

5. Evitzee Jun 10, 2019

Also check on this site and see what new Omegas are being sold for by the various vendors, your price will be below that price because your watch is used. I see one BNIB Speedmaster Hesalite is being offered for around $3,500 so you will probably be a little lower than this.

6. boogedyboo Jun 11, 2019

Sounds about right but you would have to adjust for the scratches on the case and bracelet, depending on severity.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. mjb Jun 11, 2019

$3500 is probably high because you have no sales history and people always want a deal. eBay prices tend to go a bit high, largely because the sellers need to cover all of those ridiculous fees. And unfortunately, Omega resale isn't quite what Rolex is (albeit still better than most brands).

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. gbesq Jun 11, 2019

You might want to try Crown and Caliber in Atlanta. They will make you an initial non-binding offer based upon information and photos that you send them via email. If you like their initial offer, you ship the watch to them (they pay for shipping and insurance), they examine and authenticate the watch, and then make you a final offer. If you like and accept the offer, they keep the watch and send you a check. If you don’t like the offer, they ship the watch back to you (again, they pay for shipping and insurance). They appear to have a good reputation for straight dealing and get good reviews from both sellers and buyers.

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. M'Bob Jun 11, 2019

Hope today is better. I'm sitting here in my office, noting how the asshole who rents space next to me is constantly talking to himself, singing out load and out of tune, and adjusting the thermostat to temperatures that totally suits his needs, without consulting anyone. So I understand how those moods can grab you...

10. krh7 Jun 11, 2019

$3200 on eBay will sell it.

11. whyboddau Jun 14, 2019

I’ve sold to crown and caliber multiple times. From my experience you are not going to get top dollar. But you will get a great business transaction. They probably keep a 20-20% margin when they make an offer. These were watches I wouldn’t pass on to another watch collector. Nothing wrong with the watches for daily wear, but I’ve been nit picked before by a collector that wanted perfection...which soured the deal. I’ve learned to be better with descriptions. But I always keep crown and cal in mind for an easy, hassle free sell off.

12. Stufflers Mom Jun 14, 2019

I've got my Speedmaster Co-axial on ebay right now and it's not even made £1300 so far, I'm starting to worry.

13. whyboddau Jun 14, 2019

How long is the auction set for?

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 14, 2019

Link, could be a steal , I mean deal :D:D

15. Stufflers Mom Jun 15, 2019

10 days, 4 more to go and to be fair there's 87 watching, so fingers cross.

OWa likes this.
  16. steelfish Jun 15, 2019

Is that the Speedy 9300? Surely it will go for a load more than that. Hell, even Watchfinder offered about 3K to me a while back for mine (I didn't sell and would never sell this one).

17. sollman Jun 15, 2019

IMO I will say $3000 isn't so bad for a used omega speedmaster.

18. ras47 Jun 15, 2019

A lot depends on how noticeable those scratches appear. And of course the specific model is critical. A new Speedmaster Pro is a common watch. If you want to move one that's not 100% you'll have to take a hit in price.