Forums Latest Members
  1. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 30, 2015

price is tempting (=low)

I have learned (thanks OF) that the crown and the bezel are replacements. What else am I missing? Does this bracelet belong to this watch?

Pictures are poor... I know

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 30, 2015

hey Bart, the bracelet and endlinks are not original to the watch. the bezel is a service replacement. the case looks a bit over done. the dial is interesting. I'm not sure what to make of it, though the pics are pretty bad. it looks like a nice colour, but I suspect it's been touched up. Can't see the movement well enough to comment.

I'd recommend a pass on this one personally.

3. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 30, 2015

Thanks mate. I should pass up on this one for €3500?

I was thinking to sell the bracelet en invest the revenue in a DON bezel.

4. repoman Jul 30, 2015

The old fuzzy picture sales ad... sigh. I've found that, generally speaking, when every single image used in an ad is badly out of focus, its not because the seller is a terrible photographer, its because they are trying to mask issues. Hell, I'm the world's worst photographer, but since camera's auto-focus, there isn't really an excuse.

For me, there isn't enough information to proceed. Try to get better pictures, including inside case back, and a shot from each angle of the case (sides, top, bottom, etc.). Always pay attention to the lugs (top, sides, bottom), look for over polishing. Service history? check serial # against case back stamping (Moonwatch Only is essential or this kind of work, well worth the investment if you haven't done so already).

good luck

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 30, 2015

I don't know that much about bracelets, but I doubt you could sell it for enough to get a nice DON. Even at €3500, with those pics, I'd pass.

6. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 30, 2015

To be fair, the Dutch ad site the watch is on compresses the pictures (to decrease bandwith). Major issue of watches I've sold (or tried to) on it.

Anyway, I've decided to heed to your warnings, I'm passing up on it.

Thanks guys.

7. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 30, 2015

Yeah, I've noticed DON bezels going for over €800.

8. TNTwatch Jul 30, 2015

I like this bracelet as it has the solid end links, but it would make up for just half of a DON bezel only. Price is not that low compared to speedmaster101's chart for a running 145.012 (though market price is all over the place at times).

9. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 30, 2015

Anyway, I've decided to go back to my Connie corner, which is a field I'm more read into (thanks Desmond's blog) and have owned and held in my hands.

10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 30, 2015

don't get too discouraged @BartH, keep looking, keep asking, get a copy of MWO if you don't have one (advice i should heed myself! ;)). You'll get better at it and you will find a nice speedy to keep your connie company.

11. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 30, 2015

Yeah, i'll do that. Thanks.