Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Moonwatch co-axial chronograph questions

1. Chris11 Feb 19, 2016

Hi Guys, I just purchased a Speedmaster MOONWATCH OMEGA CO-AXIAL CHRONOGRAPH 44.25 MM. This is totally different from my omega seamaster.
    When I first got the watch, I have to turn the crown 4-5 minutes, probably 200 plus turns till the watch to start running. I'm wondering if this is normal. Will it damage my watch?
    2nd I can also hear the ticking sound when the watch's running. There also sounds when I move or shake the watch. Never experiencing any these with my seamaster.
    Lastly, if I put this watch in a watch winder, how many turns per day does this watch need?
    Thank you for your time, looking forward to hear back from you.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 19, 2016

When you're saying 200 turns, are you talking full 360 degree rotations, or just 200 smaller twists of it between the crown guards? Its meant to tick yea. Was your Seamaster mechanical or quartz?

3. Chris11 Feb 20, 2016

Hi, it was 200 smaller twists. I first twisted the crown for around 2 minutes, but the watch still wouldn't run. Then I searched for some sources online. That's when I started twisting the crown for another 4-5 minutes. During that period, the crown never stop nor gets very tight.
    My seamaster was mechanical.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 20, 2016

Automatics don't get tight or stop when fully wound, they're designed to slip internally to prevent that. What you describe if they're smaller twists doesn't sound abnormal.

5. Chris11 Feb 20, 2016

Oh, then it should be fine. Sorry, I'm new to automatic watches. Thank you for your help.