Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Moonphase Aventurine 31130443201001

1. Fatcat Feb 9, 2021

Hi Forum

Actually I was looking since a moment the Moonphase Speedmaster from someone and I was able to deal it , now my question is I was surprised that I was not the only one interested by this model also the type of persons that bought also are dealers ( for me if they spend that amount of money there is a good reason) or the market is good, also the price on the internet are skyrocketing but why ?

looks like a small series less than 1000 pieces , just 2 years and finish , is bigger than any speedy , anyway I got mine because I like it , but still trying to figure out what around them .

Paul

E7CE684B-D1EE-4079-8339-91D42F4FA3C1.jpeg
    david5807, Wetworks and prontoprint like this.
  2. prontoprint Feb 9, 2021

I used to own one of these and loved the look of them and especially the dial. Unfortunately I found the pain was that it had to be kept continually wound to maintain the calendar . This is where an automatic movement on a watch winder would have made it more enjoyable for me, such as the Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calendar.
    When wearing occasionally it was inconvenient for me to have to do the adjustments to get calendar and moon phase in sync, 1st world issues obviously.
    Still a beautiful watch and you don't see many out there.

Hope you enjoy it.

david5807 likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 9, 2021

I love these watches, there’s a thread I created when it was first released here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/phantom-aventurine-speedmaster.1593/

The reason few were made is it was expensive and difficult to produce, the dial was also relatively fragile due to the material and expensive to replace.

Very cool piece though, I think it looks amazing.

david5807 and prontoprint like this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 9, 2021

Yes, fragile dials...so much so that Omega will no longer sell the dials and hands to outside watchmakers, so these are forced to go to Omega for servicing...

5. Fatcat Feb 9, 2021

Many thanks for the info , looks like I made a good choice not an easy watch but definitively appealing , let’s wait now

Paul

Kronos likes this.