Forums Latest Members
  1. vanhack Jul 10, 2018

Hi All,
    this is my first post, and I joined this forum, as I am going to be an owner of a Speedmaster MK40 , reference: 35205300

I have seen my childhood friend from Muscat, Oman wearing this watch. His family are the Omega agents, and I loved the look of the watch when he wore it a couple of times. I also really like the triple date function and the lume.

The watch has been serviced in Omega France in December 2015, the replaced parts are being sold with this piece, so I am glad that it was serviced, and hopefully the watch does not require a service some time soon.

I am about to see the watch in 1.5 hours from posting this, and any advise before I may make an impulse buy....but been looking at used watches here in Dubai for the last 2 months, and have been dreaming that watch that my friend wore would turn up...and it has! :):) mk40_HB.jpeg mk40_HB_leather.jpeg

Fritzer, Lonestar and WurstEver like this.
  2. WatchVaultNYC Jul 10, 2018

Its a great watch!

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. WurstEver Jul 10, 2018

So, did you pull the trigger? I also have a friend who has one and it is a terrific watch. Smaller than the Speedy Pro and a little small for my big wrists, but very cool. I'm obviously late to the party here, but given the number of complications on this watch, if I was considering buying it, I'd want to sit quietly for 10 mins or so and systematically go through all the various functions making sure it's mechanically sound. Good luck!

vanhack likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 10, 2018

Of all the 40mm versions of the Speed master this one on all black is my personal favorite.

5. vanhack Jul 10, 2018

Yes. I am wearing it as I type. It is a clever little watch, I love the colours, and all the date information it gives the user. The lume on the indices is not what it used to be, but the hands have been changed and have a good lume for my use. I asked the seller to set the watch, and he had his procedure of changing the date only at 6pm, and returning then crown, and then unlocking again. I knew he was a watch collector and would have taken care. I have also bought another watch from his contact 2 years ago, both are better watch collectors than I.

I would like to get a leather, or I have seen a carbon fibre look strap on a piece for sale on chrono24. I am a petrol head and love the motorsport theme. Even a rubber strap with a tyre tread pattern, if dimensionally matching to this watch.

Any suggestions?

6. WatchVaultNYC Jul 10, 2018

This looks great on a rallye strap as well as CF straps! Personally though, it reminds me of the flightmaster dial (AM/PM and red chrono hands)

[​IMG]

vanhack likes this.
  7. vanhack Jul 11, 2018

20180711_085021.jpg

Wore the watch to work today, love the colours of the hands.

WurstEver likes this.