Speedmaster mid case

Posts
1,910
Likes
3,682
Hi @Archer Do you, or ayone else here, know if the movement holder ring 145.014 is the same as the one in the 145.022 ( 0022 ) ? and interchangeble ?

Thanks, Ron
 
Posts
1,911
Likes
3,927
Hi @Archer Do you, or ayone else here, know if the movement holder ring 145.014 is the same as the one in the 145.022 ( 0022 ) ? and interchangeble ?

Thanks, Ron
They’re different part numbers so I assume they differ.
 
Posts
1,910
Likes
3,682
They’re different part numbers so I assume they differ.

The difference i found is ; the movement ring for the regular Speedmaster has an extra step on the outside of the vertical inner ring. This is to support the dust/anti mag cap which fits onto this ring so the back cover can press it + the movement firmly into the case i guess ? The mark II case does not use a dust/anti mag cap so no need for this extra ridge on the movement holder ?
 
Posts
1,990
Likes
9,505
Mark II uses clamps to hold the ring in place, the Pro uses the dust/AM cap. So yes, your above is a correct observation just add the MK II clamps to the list of differences. And yes, they are different parts and not interchangeable to best of my knowledge.
 
Posts
213
Likes
109
Thankfully I have stumbled on this thread just before I ordered one of these mid cases from this CA based eBay seller. I have no real need for it but do have quite a collection of random parts, including bezels, casebacks, dials etc. A mid case just seemed to make sense.
I find it odd that this seller appears to have a steady supply of these but I haven't seen any reference to them cropping up anywhere else. Given the popularity of Speedmasters I would have thought that, if passable fake cases are being produced, there would be plenty of sellers.