Forums Latest Members
  1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jan 31, 2016

Anyone now if the crystal for the 186.0004 is in two pieces or if the to inner parts sticks together. It looks like some kind of dial that sits inside the crystal. I was thinking i could only change the outside crystal? Hard to get this crystals to?
    DSC05475.JPG DSC05476.JPG

2. Canuck Jan 31, 2016

A lot of digital is used a separate "slot mask" behind a crystal. The slot mask being the black disc with all the printing. It looks to me as though this is the arrangement that your watch has. The back side view appears to be a component separate from the crystal. Your watch could probably be considered obsolete, but a plain crystal should be readily available. Not so a crystal if the printing is actually right on the under side. Don't know what to suggest you do.

3. watchlovr Feb 1, 2016

The square cased versions crystals come with the inner decal applied to the crystal.
    I suspect your will be the same.

4. Dash1 Feb 1, 2016

I ordered a new Omega crystal for this model a while back and it came as a blank crystal with no decal. I haven't tried fitting it yet though.

5. Canuck Feb 1, 2016

Then there's the answer! Ash reports that the slot mask is a separate item, as I suspected.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 1, 2016

The LCD mask is definitely a separate part...the crystal is just a regular mineral crystal. Part number is 063TN5303 - GLASS MINERAL D29 H2.

rogart likes this.
  7. rogart ray it again, Ram. Feb 2, 2016

The crystal is restricted at Cousinsuk. But would a normal generic mineral crystal in the right size work? The gasket is available at Cousinsuk. Is it safe to just press the crystal out on the slot mask? With a press tool that has the same diameter as the inner part of the case? The reference number D29 H2 sound like the crystal should be diameter 29 mm and height 2 mm?

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 2, 2016

That's why I included the dimensions for you mate, in case you wanted to go generic...:)

For removing it, well you can use whatever method you want. I would not use the one you are proposing personally, as I would be removing the bezel from the case, then pushing the crystal out. No shortcuts here from my point of view...

Dash1 and rogart like this.
  9. rogart ray it again, Ram. Feb 2, 2016

Thanks Archer . Great help :)