Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob Mar 10, 2018

Some guys seems to like their sport watches fitting loosely, almost like a dangly bracelet. Others prefer it back behind the little bump on the wrist, the ulna styloid.

The first picture is my Ed White at rest. The second, with the wrist fully extended. In the latter shot, the crown is very close to digging into the back of the wrist, but fortunately, is just missing. It occurs to me that those who wear the watch loosely, but do activity, would constantly have that crown abrading the tissues there.

How do you prefer to wear your watch, and if on the looser side, can you tolerate the crown rubbing you raw like an annoying mother-in-law?

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Mad Dog likes this.
  2. AnotherDon Mar 10, 2018

I like to wear my watches loosely. In fact, I can stick the finger of my right hand under the clasp and still have a little room. But, I don't have the problem of the crown digging into the back of left hand since it's loose enough that when I move my hand the watch moves a little up the arm and away from the back of my hand. I used to wear my watch tight and that's when I had a small area of skin worn from the back of my hand by the watch crown. But then, I'm not the most active player on the planet either. It's all good.

:)

3. Seacow Mar 10, 2018

I wear my watch a little loose too. Because my wrist size will change during the day. Normally getting swollen in the afternoon.

Mad Dog, Foo2rama and M'Bob like this.
  4. MaiLollo Mar 10, 2018

I wear thèm tight. Plus, I wear them on the right wrist, so there's no crown digging ;)

Mad Dog and M'Bob like this.
  5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Mar 10, 2018

I cinch down my Speedy Gonzales Moonwatch in a very taut-like fashion...too many Hooters people pawing at it on a somewhat continual basis. :D

My Speedy Gonzales Moonwatch on its Rothco protective band with the protective cover retracted...at Hooters somewhere in St. Louis, MO if I remember correctly...

F3714DA4-07C7-4DB6-B7A7-71EFA56059C3.jpeg

bazamu, gdupree and M'Bob like this.
  6. ulackfocus Mar 10, 2018

I prefer to leave my Speedmaster on display at the AD for everyone to appreciate it.

MaiLollo, alam, Gav1967 and 5 others like this.
  7. M'Bob Mar 10, 2018

Does it ever slip down and annoy you?

ulackfocus likes this.
  8. M'Bob Mar 10, 2018

In in the same spirit, do the ladies there cinch down their bra straps?

Mad Dog likes this.
  9. gdupree Mar 10, 2018

I strap that s*** down like a storm is coming... above the wrist bone.

Edited Mar 21, 2018
    Foo2rama, M'Bob and Mad Dog like this.