Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster Dial 145.022-76 / -78 Tall S

1. gdupree May 4, 2018

Hello,

I have for sale a Speedmaster domed dial with a "Tall & Open S". This dial is in great condition, and is appropriate for the references 145.022-76 & 145.022-78. This dial came from a small group of parts that I recently acquired to for the handset, but I have no use for this dial. If I have missed anything here, or you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

The good: The dial is overall great condition. The lume plots are original and fully intact, and have aged to a slight green color. I don't have a black light to demonstrate the lume, but as you can see in the below glow photo all of the lume plots are in great shape, and glow for roughly a minute before losing most of their glow.

The less good: There a couple spots of minor damage. In the magnified shot below, you can see a little bit of paint at the bottom of the "T" and "S" in "T SWISS MADE T" is missing. There also looks to be a small mark near the hold for the central hands. Overall I would consider these blemishes minor, but will leave that for you to decide.

Asking $700 for this dial, net to me, but I am open to offers. I've been around on this forum for around a year now, but this is my first sales post. I have sold a handful of items through ebay, though not watch-related, and can provide references for that if desired. Happy to facilitate whatever type of transaction makes you most comfortable - but would prefer wire transfer, or paypal.

Inside shot:
    IMG_1243.JPG

Outside shot, in attempt to more accurately show the lume color:
    IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1246.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    Apologies for holding the dial improperly in this photo. I didn't want to damage the dial or lume plots by setting it down on it's face, but I now realize that it may have been equally concerning to hold the dial like this. This was the only time that I held it in this way, and won't do so again. :)

Cheers.

Edited May 8, 2018
  2. gdupree May 7, 2018

Just being above board here - I have also listed this on eBay today as a non-auction format. I am open to offers.

3. gdupree May 11, 2018

Open to all offers!

4. gdupree May 14, 2018

Sold. Thanks OF!