Forums Latest Members
  1. M Garner Jan 8, 2022

It seems to me that Speedmaster Day Date's are selling below most other Speedmasters. I haven't put my finger in why they aren't valued as others. Any insight? Obviously, if I find one that I like, I'll buy it no matter, but I am curious...

2. Evitzee Jan 8, 2022

They share the same name but are completely different watches and appeal to a different clientele.

3. crd Jan 8, 2022

My perception is that the strongest hype around Speedmasters has to do with associations with NASA and space flight. The stronger the connection, the bigger the hype. The movement in the day date is technically impressive and arguably and excellent value but without any sort of lineage to the 321 it seems the Speedy fan boys (guilty as charged) are less interested. It’s a great watch and if you like it you’re getting a great value.

To give just a tad more context, the only Omega watch bearing the Speedmaster name without the iconic Moonwatch case design that interests me personally is the original Mark II with an 861 movement. It’s silly but that movement makes it feel more ‘authentic’ as a Speedmaster to me. Purely subjective, of course. You do you.

4. Longbow Jan 8, 2022

different clientele
    CD36D29C-67D4-4BDA-A66D-EE0851D9CB5C.jpeg
    If you like it, buy it and be thankful that it’s at the better end of the hype scale.

M Garner likes this.
  5. jim teo Jan 30, 2022

Greetings all,

First post here so thanks for accepting me in the group. If not the appropriate thread, please feel free to remove it.

I would like to know your thoughts about the Omega Speedmaster pre co-axial models.
    Not sure yet but I might have the opportunity to get one for €2K. The watch is in pristine condition with all its box and papers. Never serviced but according to the owner it keeps good time.
    Is it worth buying or should I save up for another model?

I'm talking about the day date 3210.50.00
    [​IMG]