Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster "Dark Side of the Moon" Apollo 8

1. waveguide Sep 6, 2018

With all the excitement about the Speedy Tuesday Ultraman and yesterday's H10 Speedmaster Limited Editions, both announced after Baselworld 2018, what's happened with the September availability projected for the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8? Has Omega scrapped it? sp_dsotm_apollo8_31192443001001_vuec_large.jpg

2. ext1 Sep 6, 2018

I've actually seen this model in the Korean subway so....I don't think anything happened to it?

3. jberb55 Sep 6, 2018

Shhhh. Let’s stay quiet about this one. I’m looking forward to an opportunity to casually go to a store, try it on, talk watches with a knowledgeable sales associate, go home, have a whiskey, decide I like it, then go back a few days later and buy it ... because it’s still there.

I’m tired of buying watches like they’re Air Jordans or Nintendos or Planters Cheez Balls

4. RxJedi Sep 6, 2018

I’ve had one on reserve putting a deposit down back in April.... And my OB has offered no info at all. Kind of odd, but I’m not really surprised. Omega’s ability to offer “accurate information” to its base has become appalling, pushing supporters and collectors to seek other options.

Be careful Omega! You’re pushing loyal supporters/collectors away because your OB’s provide us inaccurate information, a lack of information, and your national campaign’s are even worse! I won’t go into other area’s, but I will say this; You took my deposit and promised a watch in August. WHERE IS IT?

Edited Sep 6, 2018
    repoman, Taddyangle and waveguide like this.
  5. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 7, 2018

I saw one of these in the flesh at a UK boutique a few months go. It could have been a pre production one I guess.

6. kilofinal Sep 7, 2018

Dear Omega collector,

We apologize for the delay. Manufacturing has been a little slow at the new facility on the dark side of the moon. Shipping to earth will be an additional 3 days followed by customs clearance and processing. We endeavor to deliver your new Apollo 8 DSOTM in the weeks ahead.

Fusion and red crowned like this.
  7. abrod520 Sep 7, 2018

Yeah there have been a few demo pieces handed out for trial runs by bloggers / influencers etc but I hear they'll be showing up either later this month or next

8. BLAUGRANA Sep 7, 2018

Too modern for my tastes, but if pricing went the way of what I saw a standard DSOTM for recently I'd definitely consider one.

North Korean subway? What's the price in the Korean subway?

ext1 likes this.
  9. ext1 Sep 7, 2018

Yeah, supreme leader pre-ordered the pre-production unit so I got to see it while he was visiting the new subway system on inspection. In the South Korea subway you need to pay DON bezels for entry. ;)

10. waveguide Sep 8, 2018

Seriously fellas, what's the official Omega story on this watch? Announced months ago, website says September, nobody has a clue? Really?

11. kilofinal Sep 8, 2018

have you asked Omega for an AD?

12. meishicard Sep 8, 2018

Several ADs in Japan have told me that the delivery of several of the new models presented at Baselworld have been pushed back, including this one. They said that the first batch of the DSOTM Apollo8, which they expect "by the end of the year," have been filled with reservations, and that they don't know if they would get a displayable unit with this batch.
    Meanwhile, Omega has been displaying this model as a centerpiece for several recent watch shows here in Japan, so I wouldn't expect them to have "scrapped" this model in any way.
    I am only guessing, but the push back may be due to some technical issue in production. Or may be the success of Speedy Tuesday edition had some impact on scheduling. The ST2, H10, Tokyo 2020, as well as this model, all use calibre 186X.

13. mmdl8 Sep 8, 2018

I also think production got pushed back due to all the "limited editions" being churned out from the factory.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  14. CaptDngr Sep 9, 2018

No. This is normal.

Blue Side of the Moon which was shown at Basel 2017 didn't really start shipping until December.

I expect the same here.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  15. MrJKLFoams Sep 9, 2018

I wouldn’t pay for something that I haven’t even seen in person. Looks nice on photo and videos but sometimes when you put them on wrist they look different. Found 1 in one of omega botique in oz but its reserved piece waiting for the owner to pick up.

16. omegaemu Sep 9, 2018

I think the ideal of the watch is great and I’m looking forward to see it in person

17. queriver Sep 10, 2018

Was just told by Omega Australia possibly here in November.

kilofinal and waveguide like this.
  18. Pepe Lucas Sep 13, 2018

I was told by the OB here in San Antonio that they were expecting them in December.

19. RxJedi Sep 17, 2018

Can someone offer ANY insight into why Omega would mislead us as to when a watch will be avialable? Missing the mark by 4 months is not only embarrassing, it is really disappointing that they would treat customers this way. Take money, yet offer NO information?

BrianMcKay likes this.
  20. MauiSurfBrah Sep 17, 2018

haha! you beat me to it!