Forums Latest Members
  1. preshred Aug 22, 2013

Please forive me if I am posting in the wrong area but this is all extremely new to me.

I have decided to sell my speedmaster CK2915 as per the photo (apologies for the quality which is not the best and the only one which would upload .?!)

I bought this watch from the original owner and have the receipt book has shown, now I am no expert but believe it could be a broad arrows or at least it was originally, it has had some mods courtesy of Omega CH ..ie face, hands and dial.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

768.jpg
    speedy4ever likes this.
  2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 22, 2013

There will be a lot of people interested in that watch.

And most of them will be very keen to see the front of it, especially to understand what you mean by " it has had some mods courtesy of Omega CH ..ie face, hands and dial". Those parts are going to dictate what sort of price you can get for it & the advice you will get.

First question: do you have any of the parts that you say Omega CH changed ?

3. preshred Aug 22, 2013

will try and get some pics up asap, my pc is not cooperating at the moment.

I have owned the watch for probably 10 years having bought it from the original owner who being a pilot with Swiss air had it serviced regularly with Omega CH. he told me that over the years certain parts had been changed ie the hands, dial and bezel....(probably the most important parts). so its obviously not original.

4. preshred Aug 22, 2013

unfortunately do not have any of the original parts

5. preshred Aug 22, 2013

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 22, 2013

Ouch.......that's not 2915 anymore........ Sad loss........ I am speechless.
    If Omega swiss do this to you, you should ask them to return it to the condition before they change the dial, hands & bezel

7. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 22, 2013

What did this pilot do! :whipped: :D
    According to the shape and the print of the case back and looking at the serial No. it must be (the rest of) a CK 2915-3

8. ulackfocus Aug 22, 2013

:eek: :(

9. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 22, 2013

Well, it's still a nice vintage Speedmaster. But as Private says, it's not something that anyone will pay 2915 money for.

There is still value in it. Just not the massive value of a 2915.

10. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 22, 2013

oh no...someone killed that watch and stole the parts...

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 22, 2013

12. preshred Aug 22, 2013

although I am no collector I have managed to own some nice watches over time and would consider swapping for another watch, not an Omega though as I still have a few of these.

13. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 22, 2013

you ( actually the former owner and now you ) lost around $ 10.000 with the swap of the parts. if you want to swap for something else, just let me know your preferences. old chronographs, rolex, other brands no problem..... kind regards./ achim

14. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 22, 2013

::facepalm1::

Shame on Omega service.

15. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 22, 2013

you can not blame the factory. their policy is the same like other big brands; bring it back to the best possible results with new parts, if needed. send a vintage rolex without strict instructions to the factory and all your vintage charm is removed with a shiny, perfect watch. and that is what over 90% of customers want. function with warranty. not like our addiction with originality and strange questions asking collectors..... kind regards. achim

16. preshred Aug 22, 2013

Some years ago I decided to send the watch to Omega CH to ask if they could return it to as original condition which as I found out is not something they do, but when I got the watch back one of the stoppers was not working, and when I asked about this they told me they would not of removed the back, ..yet they supplied me with a detailed quote for a service, I was not impressed to say the least.

I`m sure its just not seated properly but I am no expert and will not attempt to take off the back for a look see.

Also the orginal owner had his name engraved along the case which probably also detracts from its value.....:(

Is anyone willing to hazard a guess to its current value

17. afinewatch Aug 22, 2013

value is a function of time. sometimes one has to invest some time to realize a higher price.

18. sohail Aug 23, 2013

I also have the same experience with IWC service . I have an titanium ocean 2000 Porsche design, I needed to get it serviced as It was not giving me the back up time once removed from the wrist. Upon return from IWC watch had the same problem and thankfully , only the hands were replaced. I then gave it to the local watch maker and got it fixed.

19. sohail Aug 23, 2013

By the way how much are u asking for this 2915

20. preshred Aug 23, 2013

I was rather hoping to get some advice as to it`s value from the forum (which I understand will be difficult given the alterations
    MW_8_.JPG
    I also have this book which I think belongs with the watch and I will include