Forums Latest Members
  1. cvalue13 May 14, 2022

while this is already sold, and only 500 we’re made, it seems unique in having both a tachy rehaute and a countdown bezel?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/for...anium-le-409-500-ref-644-27-142-£3600.127632/

I’m only guessing the WR is sufficient for anything other than diving?

Inkwell.box likes this.
  2. cvalue13 May 14, 2022

I take it back, there appear to be more than a few models of B-42 that have the 5100 and an internal tachy rehaute

https://www.chrono24.com/fortis/b42-chronograph--id4329804.htm

20atm water resistance should cover you, and would seem the only thing from your wishlist you’re NOT getting is a second time zone

but in exchange, you’re getting a countdown bezel - which for navigating would seem as useful if not more useful than a tachy … assuming your overland vehicle has a speedometer!

Inkwell.box likes this.
  3. Inkwell.box May 14, 2022

Anything over 100m really. I like how some of the Speedmasters I’ve mentioned above (the GMT and Split Seconds) achieve this in contrast to the standard moonwatch. So it seems plausible that a central minute speedmaster would undoubtably have it too like the other special editions.

4. ConElPueblo May 14, 2022

I just don't get the need for it? Anything over 30m is overkill; if you wan't further security you'd need screw-down pushers and crown, which is beneficial if you swim or dive with it and is afraid of accidentally activating them. If it is just for showering etc, 30m isn't worse than 100m - if a seal fails, it fails.

I am just saying it wouldn't be important for me, since it is largely irrelevant for what I use my watches for. I don't recall seeing a Speedmaster with more than 100m WR, that appears to be a Seamaster feature.

Inkwell.box likes this.
  5. Inkwell.box May 14, 2022

I like the way you think! That might be the way to go. Granted, I really do desire a second time zone as I work with people in another time zones, travel every few months, want to start doing long distance biking, and then overlanding meetups, but I like how useful a countdown bezel could be in this situation. Only if I could have it all. This is making me want to design a movement... project “Overlander”? ;)

Edited May 14, 2022
  6. Inkwell.box May 14, 2022

I’d just like something built for most occasions. If I want do some recreational diving (which I do), I don’t want a watch that can’t do it. 50m is too little IMO. Those other speedmasters seem to be able to achieve that 100m resistance without a screw down crown which is cool

Edited May 14, 2022
    ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. Inkwell.box May 14, 2022

Ha! Indeed, that would solve it since I fortunately do have two wrists!

Ron_W and cvalue13 like this.
  8. ConElPueblo May 14, 2022

Screw-down crowns does, AFAIK, not add to WR it is just an additional safety measure. The Certina DS (and loads of other watches, I am sure) from 1959 has a 200m WR with a regular crown. Wouldn't take one diving though :D

Ron_W and Inkwell.box like this.
  9. Inkwell.box May 14, 2022

In many cases, yes, that is true that it won’t add to water resistance, but more for reasons of having the crown not pop out (not all the way) while diving from what I understand. That being said, there are some designs that use a second gasket underneath the crown which do actually make a tighter seal and improve the water resistance.

Gotcha. I haven’t gotten into diving much yet to understand what I am or am not okay with, but it sounds like that extra gasket does give a bit more reassurance even with a rating over 100m.

Edited May 14, 2022
    Ron_W likes this.