Forums Latest Members
  1. Earl Jun 26, 2015

hello all, just joined your brilliant forum.
    If I may, I would like to ask a question please.
    I purchased my Broad Arrow just over two years ago, my wife bought me 'watch winder' for Christmas last year.
    My question is, as I only wear my watch approx ten to fifteen times a year, should I let it run flat and set the time and date each time I wear it or keep it charged in the winder?
    Thanks in advance.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 26, 2015

If you only wear it 10-15 times a year I wouldn't put on the winder at all, the drift from normal day by day accuracy will be such that it'll need setting when you use it anyway. How come you wear it so little? Do you have a job that makes it impractical or just concerned about damaging it?

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  3. Earl Jun 26, 2015

Hi Dsio,
    Thanks for your advice, I work shifts at an oil refinery and wouldn't dream of wearing it at work.
    I am concerned regarding damage and only wear it on selective occasions, I suppose due to how much it cost, it's quite an expensive watch to wear on such few occasions.
    I've turned the winder off and placed back in its box.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 26, 2015

Just keep in mind even sitting in its box it needs servicing every 5 years or so, and it doesn't add that much to refinish the case/bracelet bezel as part of that. Watches are surprisingly durable even for people in law enforcement, military and similar physically active occupations and it takes a lot to get a watch past the point of being able to be restored. Archer's even restored some that were run over by cars and rusted solid.

5. Earl Jun 26, 2015

Thanks, I'll wear it more often, although it might seem a bit sad, I do just enjoy looking at it.
    With reference to having it serviced, does it have to back to Omega or would a certified Omega repairer be able to carry out the service? I haven't really looked into yet as its only just over two years old.

6. Prange Jul 5, 2015

If you're concerned about damage, I would suggest a Casio G-Shock. Tough as nails and cheap,too.

7. OmegaSean Jul 5, 2015

[​IMG]
    For £50 (Amazon) you can't beat this had it 2 years tough as old boots.

OmegaSean

8. maxtor71 Jul 5, 2015

If you're working with actual machinery at the refinery then I'd probably do the same as you and not wear it for fear of hitting it on something or because there's powerful machinery that generate strong magnetic fields. If you're in a control room/office you should be okay I suppose, just be mindful of things with powerful magnets.

Max

9. Earl Jul 7, 2015

Thanks for all your advice, I'll try and upload a picture or two.

noelekal likes this.
  10. Earl Jul 20, 2015

Finally uploaded a photo, although not the best quality. image.jpg

11. nickioa Jul 20, 2015

That's wonderful, keeping it safe from the wear and tear of the day job is a smart move indeed!

12. Earl Jul 20, 2015

Another one, but struggling with the bright sunshine :) image.jpg

nickioa and Lou P like this.
  13. nickioa Jul 20, 2015

Looks even better in the light!

14. jud Jul 20, 2015

Very nice watch and welcome to the forum.

+1 on G-Shock recommendation.