Forums Latest Members
  1. athom Nov 24, 2017

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 24, 2017

Have you read speedmaster101.com

3. athom Nov 24, 2017

I did read a part but unfortunatelly my english isn't strong enough to understand all the slightest details they are talking about...I mean I know I'd like a 105.012 (and only this reference) then regarding that I checked the T's dial, the "è" of tachymètre, the pushers, crown and everything but I don't have the knowledge of all the members here, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks for helping me.

4. maxsim Nov 24, 2017

If you want to get an idea of prices and conditions look at website www.chrono24.com

5. athom Nov 24, 2017

There are from chrono24...

6. Davidt Nov 24, 2017

In my opinion C24 isn't a great place to look for values as they are often significantly over priced (and frequently sell for less than asking I assume).

What are your thoughts on the aesthetics of all three watches? Have you checked the serials are all within range?

Bear in mind one has a bracelet which is worth a significant sum and one has very unattractive lume.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. athom Nov 24, 2017

To be honest more I see the three watches more I see imperfections. I'd say the first is very tropical but I'd say it's the one I prefer. I guess I finally don't like the second because of the not attractive patina, the third I like because of the 1039 but it doesn't look in good condition and the hands are not nice...I guess the answer is - thanks to y'all - I don't want one of these tree.... What's your opinion about the tree David ?

8. maxsim Nov 24, 2017

It depends how much you want pay. Chrono24 it's not so bad

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 24, 2017

No, no, no!!! unless you can ID the trash from the good pieces.

10. athom Nov 24, 2017

Where shall I search to find a worth it 105.012, nice condition, good looking and fair price?

11. Davidt Nov 24, 2017

I wouldn't buy any of these three because I don't like buying from dealers (or at least dealers who prep watches for sale and aim for the "ooh shiny" crowd.

I've had a very long day at work so have no desire to go into the details of each (as the OP, I think you should give your detailed opinion first).

However, if we just look at the dials, I think calling the first 'tropical' is a stretch. Ok it may be slightly brown in some light, but it generally looks tired and the lume is just mould.
    The second one is slightly better but still isn't great.
    The third example has the best dial imo, along with original pushers, hands and a reasonable bezel. However, the hands have lost some paint, the case has seen some polishing and it ain't cheap.

12. Davidt Nov 24, 2017

You can't just go out and buy a nice example in good condition for a good price. You have to put the hours and effort into the search to get all three.

You can buy an expensive dog any day of the week.
    A nice but expensive example fairly often.
    A nice and well priced example rarely (or almost never if you don't have the experience to spot a diamond in the rough).

Moadib likes this.
  13. athom Nov 24, 2017

I've the feeling to do a lot to find a nice one, through auctions, forums, professional dealers, etc...but till now I haven't found the right one.
    I'm not looking for the perfect one with a very good price, that doesn't exist. I'm ok to put money in a watch if it's worth it but not to spend a bit less for a scum.

The question is where to find something worth it, chrono24 is for me like pro dealers is Paris, over rated prices and not so original sometimes.

14. Moadib Nov 26, 2017

Sounds like the quotation from cycling components - cheap, light and strong, you can pick any two. There must be a watch equivalent (quality, price, speed or such like). Just seems you need to be patient, but most importantly learn to enjoy the search. I found that years ago when getting into Heuer Carrera, and now relearning all over again with Speedmaster. It's actually a fun process - and I'm still gobsmacked at how much there is to know about ONE model of ONE brand. Okay, it is THE quintessential watch of all time, but still incredible complexity.

15. athom Dec 12, 2017

Hi, just to inform you I've found the watch I was looking for. It's a 105.012-66 CB.

IMG_3890.JPG IMG_3892.JPG IMG_3893.JPG IMG_3894.JPG
    balaja, Slo084 and Spacefruit like this.
  16. OddSpeedy Dec 12, 2017

Good choice @athom . This one's much better than the others... very nice dial :thumbsup:. Just be sure to also get pictures of the movement!

athom likes this.
  17. athom Dec 12, 2017

Thank you ! By 'I found', I meant I bought :thumbsup:. Do not have a picture of the 321 but it's clean and shiny. And the serial fits with the ref.

STANDY likes this.
  18. OddSpeedy Dec 12, 2017

Awesome, looks like you put in some legwork and it payed off big time. I could look at pics of that Speedy all day long :)

athom likes this.
  19. athom Dec 12, 2017

Many thanks. It is quite a thing to finally find the right one but it's also a part of the pleasure to search for it.

Nathan1967 likes this.
  20. jricketts65 Dec 24, 2017

The first "tropical dial" looks terrible IMO

The watch you picked up is amazing, do you mine asking how much you got it for?