Forums Latest Members
  1. Peter Lundberg Apr 8, 2018

Yeasterday, when resetting the chrono, I noticed that the seconds hand did not reset to zero. I think I have read another tread about this (unfortunatly I could not find it). Is this a very common problem with these speedys? If so . why? The movement is, for what I know, very well proven.

Br
    Peter

2. an1030 Apr 8, 2018

Picture?

3. Peter Lundberg Apr 8, 2018

Not much to see, but here’s a picture. A bit har to se maybe? Lightning a bit harsh... But clearly not reset to zero. It will be sent for service. C4494D08-C47A-46D6-9F52-8234EF836D2C.jpeg

4. bama2141 Apr 8, 2018

Did you try a second push on the reset button? Does it exhibit this behavior repeatedly? I’ve seen this on other of my Omegas but usually attribute it to operator error (me!) if it doesn’t repeat.

5. Peter Lundberg Apr 8, 2018

It repeats. I currently own two other speedmaster (321&821) and have never experienced this. Tried to start - stop - reset a few times, but no success. I have heard (or rather read) about this happening to other owners of spm 60th so I thought something was going on?

6. Meme-Dweller Apr 8, 2018

Did it ever correctly reset to 0 before, or did you just notice it not being aligned? Maybe it was installed crooked from the factory?

7. Peter Lundberg Apr 9, 2018

No. It was dead center from the beginning.

8. Peter Lundberg Apr 9, 2018

Will send it for service since it’s under warranty.
    BR
    Peter

9. Pun Apr 9, 2018

Archer may pitch in and clear the position please. Our friend has spent huge time and money indeed in procuring this watch.
    I recollect reading somewhere that this much deviation is within Omega specifications. I own 2 modern Moonwaches but luckily both have perfect alignment. I wish you get the alignment done on this watch to your satisfaction.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 9, 2018

Simply pushing the button again won't do anything with the seconds or minute recording hands. The hammer that resets these hands is powered by a spring, so when you reset the spring takes over to swing the hammer down. The only way to get that same action to happen again is to start, stop, and then reset.

It's not. If it originally reset correctly, and now has moved but resets to the same place, the most likely cause is the hand moving on the post. Should be sent back and would be a simple fix.

Cheers, Al

Riviera Paradise and Pun like this.
  11. Pun Apr 9, 2018

Noted Sir. Regards