Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster 57 cal 9300 on smaller wrist

1. Grijsx Jan 25, 2017

Hi all,
    I was yesterday in an Omega Boutique and had the opportunity to try the Speedster 57 with cal 9300.
    The watch is really nice and cool ! on the other side, more than once it has been said on many reviews that it is also a little bit too thick :(.
    I have a 6.3 inches wrist and the watch thickness was noticeable on me. Maybe it's not only a matter of how big or small the wrist is, maybe the thickness of this watch will be noticeable also on bigger wrists (this is what I'm thinking to convince myself that I could buy it even if my wrist is not so big... :whistling: ).
    So, the questions are:
    Who has this watch, and what is your wrist's circumference ?
    Do you find the watch thickness a big, or not so big issue ?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Kmart Jan 25, 2017

It would help if you had taken a wrist pic! ;)

It is a lovely piece. I too find that most of Omega's co-axial watches are a bit too thick for me though.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. alam Jan 25, 2017

There are a few of us around here that own this watch. And I agree w/you on all counts.. the watch is nice, cool and at ~41.5 millimeters wide and ~16.17 millimeters thick is a bit larger/thicker than most of the watches I own.

my wrist is ~6.75" and I can definitely feel the not only the slightly larger dimension of this watch but also the weight difference - however this is a non-issue for. I think that as long as you match this watch with a sport/casual wear, I don't think its dimension/thickness will be an issue, but I would not try to wear a long sleeve/dress, cuffed-tight shirt with this watch..

;)

IMG_2380.JPG
    gr8sw likes this.
  4. Grijsx Jan 25, 2017

5. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Jan 29, 2017

I have 7.25" wrist. The size never bothered me. I am a bracelet man, however this watch was more comfortable on a leather strap.

image.jpeg

6. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 29, 2017

If you like it, then go for it. If YOU think it's too big then I'd suggest looking for something else. You are the one who needs to feel comfortable wearing it.

7. Grijsx Jan 30, 2017

Simple, celar :thumbsup:

Thanks!

8. PSV Feb 2, 2017

As they said in the old fav movie Ronin: "Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."