Forums Latest Members
  1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Mar 4, 2014

Somehow I am so happy with this Speedmaster 3894.50 or 'Replica' as it was called at the time of the introduction. A name that I really don't like and rather call it re-edition as replica is a definition used for fake watches. In any case, it was introduced in 1997 as part of the Missions Suitcase (22 patch models, this Replica and a spare caliber 1861 movement) and later on also sold separately. I think it was taken out of production by the end of 2003 / early 2004. In any case, my wife bought this one for me for my first Father's Day last year. She was able to source one New Old Stock from a collector and it came as a total surprise to me (I also bought her a ladies Speedmaster without her knowing about it).

Even though I really love the 3570.50 range - and predecessors - this Broad Arrow model really catches me. The polished hands have a way of reflecting the light that it almost seems that the dial is much more alive then on my other Speedmasters with white baton hands.

In any case, here is a picture I took today. The strap is a NATO leather strap from a Dutch guy who offers them under 'Bulang & Sons'. Nice soft and thin straps that are really comfortable. Perhaps a bit too thin for the eyes to feel comfortable about, but they are strong and will keep your watch put on the wrist.

[​IMG]

A while ago I did a small write-up on this '57 re-edition / replica model compared to the very first CK2915 model from 1957 as well as the all new Caliber 9300 '57 Speedmaster. You can find it here: http://www.fratellowatches.com/speedy-tuesday-omega-speedmaster-57/

I have been wearing this particular Speedy since weeks now and it is difficult to get off my wrist. Funny thing is, that I had two of them. This particular model I got from my wife came in a black leather Omega box and with the new style bracelet (ref.1998), the other model I had was an older one that I could get for an interesting price later on, that came in the red leather box with the 1499 (or 1498) bracelet. That's the one without the push buttons on the clasp and that still tapers a bit. I sold it last week or the week before to another collector, which freed up some of my watch funds to hold on to - I hope - the new Apollo 11 that Omega will show to us this year.

ron n and TLIGuy like this.
  2. Noisy Nova Mar 4, 2014

Ya can't have too many Speedies. I shoulda kept this one.

[​IMG]

Robert-Jan likes this.
  3. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Mar 4, 2014

It also looks amazingly nice on a black alligator strap Noisy Nova. Thanks for the inspiration :)

DLT222 likes this.
  4. TLIGuy Mar 4, 2014

Beautiful watch. One that keeps creeping higher on my list of need to have Speedmasters the more I see it.

5. pascs Mar 4, 2014

I've always liked the Broad Arrow Speedmaster, great looking watch :thumbsup:

DLT222 likes this.
  6. Hijak Mar 4, 2014

And it looks fantastic on the bracelet as well...

Wrist Shot, 2.JPG

DLT222 likes this.