Forums Latest Members
  1. robroy7426 Mar 14, 2018

so I own a few different Tag, And Ball watches but it's time to step up a little.

Looking to pick up the 3559.32.00 I think it may become my everyday watch. I have read all the reviews and read about the reference but I fell in love with the Newman Daytona look.

Wondering what some pros think.

Found one at around $2,500 and am about to pull the trigger.

Thoughts?

2. rainking Mar 14, 2018

As my avatar displays, I happen to be a fan of a certain race-car driver ...

$2,500? How? I've been looking for one at a reasonable price and haven't been able to do better than being offered one for $4,000. For $2,500 I wouldn't even hesitate. Now I'm pissed you've found one for that cheap LOL

3. robroy7426 Mar 14, 2018

Watch came up on true facet, does not have paperwork or the metal braclet but that was all very ok with me in that I was looking to do a NATO or possible a snoopy anyway. They have a 7 day return so I figured what the hell for $2500 it was worth a shot. I have seen some reviews of them go a little south but so far my experience has been good.

4. rainking Mar 15, 2018

Ah, I've seen that watch on there now that you mention it. Yeah, if I ever buy one I want the bracelet and I want to be sure it is in top condition. I not long ago considered buying the one you are looking at, thinking I could buy a bracelet and have it serviced/polished up if need be. Then I realized that, for what doing so would all cost on top of the cost of the watch, I may as well just buy one with better documentation and in mint condition for $4K or so.

I'm starting to think/accept I'm never going to own one of these. There are plenty for sale right now on the usual sites, but they are priced too high and have been sitting for months. No one seems willing to bring the price down to what I consider a reasonable level. In my opinion, these should be sold between $3,800-$4,200 tops. I probably should have taken the guy up on his offer for $4K back in December but oh well. Honestly that still seems high to me. And all these listings at $5K and above are a joke. There's a jeweler not far from me that has had one listed for almost $6K for months, which is even more of a joke. These are cool watches and I am a Schumacher fan, but they weren't really limited despite them being labeled as such, and there's nothing exceptional about them in terms of the movement and tech.

5. robroy7426 Mar 15, 2018

fingers crossed it does not need a big service or anything and I will be in great shape