Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster (311.30.42.30.01.005) - 2019 Production

1. Hell’s Teeth Sep 7, 2019

Grateful for members advice and guidance upon the following.

In mid December 2019 I myself hit the big 50 and as such wish to gift myself the Speedmaster (311.30.42.30.01.005). The obvious choice given the Moonwatch 50 year anniversary (and my modest collections current lack of).

It’s my intention to purchase this new and in person (rather than online) from either a UK AD or OB.

I realise that when I make the purchase the AD or OB will complete the warranty cards and receipt on the date of purchase, which I intend to be on my actual birthday. However, given our joint 50th anniversaries and my intention to one day pass the watch on to my Son I wish to ensure that the purchased watch is actually produced/manufactured in 2019, rather than what might otherwise be an UK AD Group (Goldsmiths) or OB sourced/circulated stock which is actually produced/manufactured in 2018 (or earlier).

So essentially what I’m trying to establish from knowledgeable and experienced OF members, is if there is currently (or by December 2019) still likely to be a (UK) saturation of new 2018 produced/manufactured stock kicking around the AD Groups or OB’s, or is their stock of these now likely to have been produced/manufactured within 2019 as required? Secondly, is there anyway I can myself, ‘before purchase’
    verify the actual year (date) of production/manufacture other than by a verbal acknowledgment from the AD or OB?

Many thanks for any advice and guidance offered.