Speedmaster 145012-67

Congratz no matter what price you paid as long as you are happy with it.

+1 😀 And I even quite like the signed clasp tbh. Give the watch character, especially since you got it from the original owner.

Congratulations, it's such a great example of a vintage Speedmaster. And since you had the opportunity to meet the original owner, it practically makes you the second owner. I wish you many, many years of happy and healthy wearing 😀

+1 😀 And I even quite like the signed clasp tbh. Give the watch character, especially since you got it from the original owner.

Yes I decided to keep it on for that reason. Just got the extract in, confirmed the delivery to Spain in Feb '68

In 10 years you probably won't remember what you paid for it. Like others, I really like the engraving. Enjoy, its a beauty.

Congrats on your new to you Speedy! Like others mentioned, it’s wonderful that you got to meet the original owner!

Very nice watch and removing the engraving on the clasp shouldn't t be a big deal...

Cheers

I'm going to keep the engraving. I spoke to the seller yesterday, and he explained to me the story in a bit more detail, including what the name stood for - turns out that I had misunderstood (my Spanish is not perfect). The man I met was not his grandfather, but a good friend of the family, who had always taken care of his mother. At some point he got ill, and the seller and his mother took care of him. Given that his own family hadn't looked after him during his illness, he decided to give it away to the seller (who is in his 20s).
F. Canoves was the name of the man, GS is Grupo Sanguineo and then his bloodtype.

Met with the seller last week - he came with his grandfather from whom he inherited it and will now buy a motor from it 😀. Better than i expected! I love the pumpkin lume (hard to capture on the photo), the lugs feel very sharp, and I think the bracelet looks very good as well. Thanks again for all the advice.

Haven't worn it a lot yet - in summer, Barcelona is not the best place to wear your Speedie out on the streets 🙁
Wonderful watch and nice story!!
Enjoy it!

Nice story to talk about and share when you have a cup of coffee or two with friends and fellow collectors.

i was just in your lovely town 2 weeks back, i saw some similar ones for sale along las ramblas... why didn't you get 2?

nice find.

I like it! The outer Omega marked buckle piece is easily sourced and easy to change if you care to. Engravings can be kinda cool, especially if they have dates or some cool/cute sentiment.

I'm going to keep the engraving....
F. Canoves was the name of the man, GS is Grupo Sanguineo and then his bloodtype.

Did the seller mention anything about the mans occupation? Having blood type on a bracelet was not a common thing for a long time.