Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Speedmaster 145.022-69 Pre-Moon - Untouched, dark brown dial

1. LawBrk Jun 5, 2017

Hello All,

I have decided to sell this onward, I have a brown dial Mkii mod that I enjoy and have chosen to keep my 145.022-68 speedy instead.

The watches initial appearance is detailed here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-f...ter-145-022-content-within.58775/#post-729213

All descriptions in reference to nomenclature via MWO.
    IMG_2972.JPG
    Case: Asymmetrical
    Unpolished, razor sharp lug tops. Shows marks and scratches consistent with a majority of its life spent in a drawer. Brushed finished sides and polished tops are clearly distinguishable.
    IMG_2970.JPG
    Movement: 861 - steel brake
    2911555x serial, in the correct range for known brown dials. Components are clean, matching hues and I see no previous watchmaker service marks. The gasket turned to dust and I did my best to carefully remove and clear but it will need a bath to remove from caseback.
    IMG_2981.JPG
    Dial: C1 - medium
    Original, All tritium plots intact and with pleasing yellow hue, hour plots at 8 & 11 have a small dark spot. This dial also has a beautiful dark shade of brown. It is more prevalent at the step and steps of the subdials. It is difficult to capture but can be seen when compared to the black dial of my '68. Any scratches seen are on crystal.
    IMG_2973.JPG IMG_2974.JPG IMG_2983.JPG
    Bezel: B1 - dot diagonal 70 / DON
    Original, Very good vintage condition, marks as seen in photos, largest damage is at "170 & 180".

Hands: C2 - Baton; Flat
    Original, lume has turned to dark color.

Caseback: A4 -single bevel
    Original, Excellent outer seahorse and Speedmaster font. No WM marks on inside, case back is version without perlage.
    IMG_2977.JPG IMG_2979.JPG
    Crown: A2 - 24 tooth
    Original, 24 tooth typically found on 145.022-69 model
    IMG_2971.JPG
    Pushers: Wide & Tall - original
    Original, see photos (dirty case tubes).

Crystal: A1 - narrow symbol
    Original, has scratches and imperfections.
    IMG_2984.JPG
    Bracelet: 1039/516
    Good condition 1039 with excellent 516 endlinks. Stamped 1/70. Length as shown in photos.
    IMG_2976.JPG IMG_2978.JPG
    Good:
    This watch is a great example of the reference, and of an original, unmolested vintage Speedmaster with from the factory hardware. The added detail of the dark brown dial makes for an attractive set.

Bad:
    I have not had the movement serviced as I have decided not to keep it. IMO it will require a service and as such I have not wound it greater than 2 turns to move the chrono seconds hand forward for photos. The pushers and crown function correctly, however they are not smooth as my serviced 861s are, this watch will be sold with the understanding that a service is recommended/needed.

For the set I request $8200 USD via Bank Transfer or F2F in NE Ohio area for cash (PayPal could be an option if you are an active, upstanding member of OF). Offers welcome, not looking for trades.

Shipping via FedEx & Parcel Pro provided worldwide.

No returns for buyers remorse, only if I have grossly misrepresented the piece.
    Please take close observation of photos as they are the largest part of the description. Please ask any further questions you may have via PM.

Thank you OF for the space.

IMG_2975.JPG
    Edited Jun 5, 2017
    abrod520, jimmyd13, Dash1 and 11 others like this.
  2. sky21 Jun 5, 2017

Wow, someone is going to get a true gem of a pre-moon speedy!! This one may be at the top end of the market right now, but I think in about 2 years this could rise rapidly to coincide with a rather significant anniversary. You won't need it but GLWS and very nice listing as well.

watchknut, jimmyd13 and LawBrk like this.
  3. LawBrk Jun 5, 2017

Thanks for the kind words, some of the senior members here have been setting the bar for listings and I figured it was time I started keeping up.

Ah yes, the 50th anni of man on moon!

As far as price, I am open to offers, but no trades at this time.

JohnSteed and sky21 like this.
  4. bags1971 Jun 5, 2017

sent you a pm law :)

JohnSteed, LawBrk and Dash1 like this.
  5. LawBrk Jun 9, 2017

WITHDRAWN

Headed to my WM to ensure there are no surprises in the movement/internals and for documentation.

Larry S, watchcollect and watchknut like this.
  6. ndgal Jun 9, 2017

Seller backed out of our deal 3 days after I paid for the watch.
    Not cool.

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 9, 2017

Perhaps there's more to the story?

8. ndgal Jun 9, 2017

Yeah. I paid, he backed out of the deal (3 days after I paid) with a cockamamie excuse:

"I realized that it is a poor idea to sell a watch that is unserviced/not inspected by my watchmaker. Knowing all parts are present..."

I agreed to purchase the watch as advertised, knowing very well it will need to be serviced.
    I don't see any "parts missing". Do you?

This is called breach of contract.

9. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 9, 2017

Looks like someone PM'd with a better offer. Not only breach of contract but also a breach of forum ethics if that is what has happened.

Mark020 likes this.
  10. watchcollect Jun 9, 2017

Not sure this is the best place to express your grievances regarding the sales post.
    I have personally dealt with the OP many times and have never had an issue whatsoever.

ICONO and efauser like this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 9, 2017

Not a sales post anymore :whistling:

::popcorn::

12. watchcollect Jun 9, 2017

Cant argue with that specific technicality;):cautious:
    Just thought its best to keep this to PM rather then on here..looks like this could get ugly with all of us getting involved. I was certainly tempted on this one but have an incoming ST

STANDY likes this.
  13. ndgal Jun 9, 2017

I guess "There's always a first time".... as they say...

14. ndgal Jun 9, 2017

Not cool. Whatever the reason might be.

15. watchcollect Jun 9, 2017

Not interested in getting in a pissing match with you. Your obviously upset, had you considered contacting a MOD?

16. ndgal Jun 9, 2017

I was wondering why I was getting strung along for 2 days... (but OK, I'm not pushy...).
    Like Tarazan, seller probably didn't want to let go of one branch until he had a firm grip on the other...

17. ndgal Jun 9, 2017

I was not getting into any "Pissing match"...
    Simply saying that there's always a first time.
    And here you go... First time be here!

I will contact a MOD. Thanks.

18. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 9, 2017

Maybe the seller of the watch could give his side of the story to stop this getting out of hand?

19. watchcollect Jun 9, 2017

Looks like it already has. Not sure how you came to that assumption.

20. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 9, 2017

[​IMG]