Forums Latest Members
  1. hossegor Jun 11, 2018

Hello guys, i have been a silent reader for some time on this forum and a couple of days ago i decided to pull the trigger on a 145.012. Since my knowledge of vintage Speedys is not the greatest i would like to ask for you opinion.
    The watch is from the original owner and has the 633 bracelet. 26mio Serial. From the looks it seems that the hands and Bezel are service parts ? I attached a couple of pictures of the watch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gdupree Jun 11, 2018

Hands, bezel, crown are service, and the end links (and bracelet? looks like a 1171) is not original. The case-band looks reasonably sharp, but the case-back looks more heavily polished, but it's hard to tell from these photos.

Serial range sounds correct for the reference. As always, depends on what you paid, but it will still cost a pretty penny to get this back to original condition. If that's not so much of a concern for you, then it looks great and wear in good health!

Dan S likes this.
  3. hossegor Jun 11, 2018

thanks gdupree. the price was in the lower range of these watches. i dont mind the bracelet that much, but i would want to have original hands eventually. i will check out the insides of the the watch, still have the option to return it if it looks bad.

4. Dan S Jun 11, 2018

Nice dial and case. Not surprisingly given the rest of the service parts, the pushers were also replaced. I agree that the hands are the most jarring. At the very least, you might consider having them color-matched.

5. gdupree Jun 11, 2018

We would love to see pictures of the inside. Do share once you get a hold of them.

Usually buying these parts individually is usually much more expensive than buying them on the watch. A correct DON will usually cost at least $2000+, but for the most part they are easy to find. Correct hands will be harder to find, and even harder to find in good condition. Naturally, that means their price can widely vary, but if you keep you're eyes peeled, they occasionally pop up.

6. hossegor Jun 11, 2018

i will post the inside once i receive it :). will keep an eye out for a proper set of hands. It seems like many of these vintage Speedys have some sort of service part on them.

7. Philou Jun 11, 2018

Yep, plenty of them are fitted with service parts, a 100% original pre-moon is becoming quite hard to find, but i's still feasible and part of the fun !