Forums Latest Members
  1. justwatching Jan 19, 2015

I recently purchased a 105.012 CB. Case back has CB marking, serial number checks out (1966), Case has been polished, bracelet original omega but not period correct and the hands have been replaced ( spear chronograph hands. ) from a previous service but im guessing its a long time ago since the hands show some patina. Dial seems correct with the applied logo as well as the DO90 bezel. Wasn't able to resist passing on this rare bird. Can the experts here give me an estimated value for this watch? Cant seem to find these cb models for sale in the net. I just wna know if i got a good deal. Thanks in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Davidt Jan 19, 2015

From your pictures the dial, case and bezel look nice. The case retains the facets on the lugs which are unique to these CB cases, so hasn't been overly polished which is good.

Can't see the crown or get a good idea of the movement condition but assume it could do with a service.

Bracelet looks like an 1171?

I suggest around $4000-4500. The tend to be polular when they come up for sale.

3. richardew Jan 19, 2015

It's a nice looking watch. Although those hands have been replaced, they have a nice patina that matches the watch. It shouldn't be all that hard to find a correct sweep second hand. The uniqueness of the CB case has been preserved. It wouldn't matter a bit to me if the crown has been replaced since this is a standard practice when servicing the watch and is done to insure the integrity of the inside of the watch. If I were selling one of mine, I would look to get $5000+. 7.16.13_21... my 321s....jpg 12.30.12 _22speedys n coffee.jpg

TLIGuy and justwatching like this.
  4. justwatching Jan 19, 2015

Thank you for the quick Reply. Yes will probably have the watch serviced as soon as i get back. Thank once again!

5. justwatching Jan 19, 2015

Nice CB speedy u have there sir! Would you know where to start looking for the spear chrono hand? I checked ebay and no one is selling. Thank you once again

6. justwatching Jan 19, 2015

I was actually able to find the correct type chrono hand on ebay. I just had my setting on the wrong country.but all of them are NOS. In your opinion do you think its better to just leave the incorrect type chrono hand with patina or put the NOS correct type hands with no patina which would make it look uneven.

7. richardew Jan 19, 2015

I would be patient and try to find a vintage one. The watch looks great as is. However, for $50 I would buy one of the NOS hands and age it. Maybe tape inside an auto exhaust and see if you can get some yellow on it. LOL. Let Google be your friend. Think outside the box. I'm always on the lookout for vintage parts. I've bought Frankenwatches for way too much because they had a few valuable parts. Again, you have a beautiful functional watch to wear while you look. I'd have to say that I wear my 105.012 CBs more that any other that I own. The leather strap in the colder months, the JB Champion mesh in the warmer months.

TLIGuy, Davidt and pascs like this.
  8. Dash1 Jan 19, 2015

I agree, buy a new one and age it, its real easy to do with a yellow or brown marker pen.
    Nice watch btw! One of my favourite ref's.

9. justwatching Jan 19, 2015

Yes i think the best approach is to wait for a vintage chrono hand that has a matching patina. It doesnt feel right if i put a hand with a faux patina. I agree im rly starting to like this cb the most bec of its distinctive case. Reminds me of the devils ears in some angles! Thanks man you've been really helpful!

richardew likes this.
  10. justwatching Jan 19, 2015

Thanks man!