Forums Latest Members
  1. PatrickJ Oct 7, 2015

This is a recomendation for any novices and newbies interested in the moonwatch. Visit www.speedmaster101.com it is a useful resource for members interested in vintage or even if you have a modern moonwatch.

Are there any other website recomendations from the more experienced members please?

Thanks

P

2. bencrouch25 Oct 7, 2015

http://www.chronomaddox.com/ written by the late Chuck Maddox has some very interesting articles and resources. Some of it is outdated now and more accurate info can be found in MWO but it's still work checking out.

Ben

PatrickJ likes this.
  3. Ludi Oct 7, 2015

Omegaforums. It's worth paying a visit... definitely ! :p

LouS, Tritium, SpikiSpikester and 4 others like this.
  4. gminnj Oct 7, 2015

I check www.speedmaster101.com almost every day, to see if there are new posts, or to read old ones. Terrific pics and depth of info.

Question for those who have MWO: how far back does it go into speedy history? In other words, does it just cover the late 60s, or does it go earlier and later?...

Thanks to all who make this site so terrific.

PatrickJ likes this.
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 7, 2015

Dont forget that at vast expense ;) I have an alternative short link

www.Sp101.net

Don't forget the .net

It is my rather juvenile habit to post it up on every public computer I pass.

So if you are flying somewhere and see it.....I'm close!

jordn, gminnj and PatrickJ like this.
  6. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Oct 7, 2015

MWO starts on Speedie day 1. 1957

PatrickJ likes this.
  7. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 7, 2015

MWO is an EPIC book!!

I have some english copies coming soon for the UK only. I should have about 15 coming to me.

Should anyone want one please drop me a PM with the title MWO RESERVATION!

D

PatrickJ and tpatta like this.
  8. gminnj Oct 7, 2015

Thanks so much! Would love to learn more about my Ed White and other models...

PatrickJ likes this.
  9. Davidt Oct 7, 2015

I would strongly recommend MWO to anyone even remotely interested in Speedmasters.

Can also wholeheartedly recommend Darren (DLT222) as a seller.

PatrickJ likes this.
  10. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Oct 7, 2015

MWO is great. It can save you thousand of dollars in avoided errors but cost you tens of thousands of dollars (or more) to cure the need to buy more watches.

PatrickJ and Davidt like this.
  11. PatrickJ Oct 7, 2015

Thanks for this guys chronomaddox site is fantastic alongside speedmaster 101. I am starting to learn about the moonwatch, one other member put up a thread re one his dealer found him. I looked up the reference on speedmaster 101 and found it had a caliber 861. Previously I thought only speedy models that had a cal 321 had the dial with the applied logo. This legendary watch could have a forum all of its own. I am pleased I exchanged the Seamaster professional black face dial originaly purchased for the moonwatch at the Omega store a few days ago.

oddboy likes this.