Forums Latest Members

Special 60year anniversary Omega auction - good&bad

1. Peter Lundberg Sep 12, 2017

Hi all. This week Swedish auction house Bukowskis started a special Omega Speedmaster auction. Most pieces are modern but there is what seems like a nice Ultraman on sale. Also a few other pieces but one of the cal.321 looks like it has a service dial. I guess we gonna see a few of these anniversary auctions this year. Anyone who know if there's any more upcoming?
    /Peter

2. Cad290 Sep 12, 2017

https://www.bukowskis.com/sv/auctio...-speedmaster-60-ar-e166&utm_campaign=barnebys

Looks very nice

3. bhove Sep 12, 2017

yes...but is the Ultraman relumed? The lume on dial markers looks (too) yellow and the lume on the hour hand seems different from the minute hand. Maybe its just the pictures, though...!?

4. Peter Lundberg Sep 12, 2017

Well I don't know. However I would be more concerned about it to be a genuine Ultraman. Maybe an extract of archives would confirm it? For what I know, learning from Rolex, is that dial and hands lumen can take on different colors while aging. Maybe it's the same with Omega watches?

5. bhove Sep 12, 2017

yes, the originality is indeed also an issue, but I think it is ok. Moonwatch Only defines a very narrow range of 26 mill. serial numbers (as far as I remember) as being correct for an Ultraman. Need to check it up, though.

6. Cad290 Sep 12, 2017

The serial number would appear to be out of the observed range of 26076xxx to 26079xxx. So I guess it's worth 8k usd and not 28k usd?

bhove likes this.