Forums Latest Members
  1. Jonathan40 Oct 8, 2021

Anyone own a 149? I’m interested to hear about real world ownership.
    I owned a 053 but sold it as I felt it just a little to big and always had the 143/5/7/9 in my mind.
    So fast forward 6 months since I sold the 053 and I noticed a 149 for sale by auction with British Heart Foundation on the bay but not listed as a 149.
    I bid and won the auction, top end of my limit and really looking forward to it arriving.
    Have read all the reviews available previously wit mostly positive words but wanted to know real world experiences from you guys if someone owns/owned one.
    Pics to follow thanks in advance.

Edited Oct 9, 2021
    Mediocre likes this.
  2. Mediocre Oct 22, 2021

Congrats on the win! Thoughts?

I have a 147, so I cannot speak to the 149 specifically. I can speak to the size, design, and finish....all of which I have been impressed with, especially for the price. The size is ideal for me, 7.5" wrist

3. Jonathan40 Oct 23, 2021

All I can say so far after a solid week on the wrist (I never wear the same watch for a week straight) is YES.
    The balance on the wrist whatever strap or bracelet it’s with is superb.
    Love looking at the case Matt finish and the shiny polished edges. The all round fit and finish I agree with you is excellent. Even the bracelet is good by Seiko standards.
    Very happy owner.

Mediocre likes this.
  4. Mediocre Oct 23, 2021

Glad to hear it!! I agree on the case, very nice to admire lol

Did you go bracelet or strap?

5. Jonathan40 Oct 29, 2021

Strap at weekend and the bracelet for working week.