Sourcing Omega parts

Hello again,

I am currently looking for spare parts before trying to gift an omega 132.5017. Looking for a crown mainly (069SX22020 says cousinsuk but one close to that will do). A replacement crystal 062PN0303) eventually.
Cousins did not seem to have the right one and I am going through ofrei right now.
Is my best bet giving the watch to a watchmaker with an omega account ?

Picture is from an eBay sale last week (thanks @dsio).

As always, thank you for the useful insights.

Tom
Edited:

Omega now restricts parts so although Cousins and Ofrei list them on their site and sold then several years ago, most are now out of stock and won’t be replenished. Aside from other secondary sources like eBay, a watchmaker with a parts account is the best option.

Like 2
It’s always worth searching eBay with the part numbers.

Like 1
You don't have to search eBay for the full reference, as most often than not, it will be listed by it's short code. I'm not an expert, but from what I can tell, the 069 is the category and the SX is the metal type. The rest is what you can use to search for. For example, for a search for "omega 22020" there's this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124264382904

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Like 1
You don't have to search eBay for the full reference, as most often than not, it will be listed by it's short code. I'm not an expert, but from what I can tell, the 069 is the category and the SX is the metal type. The rest is what you can use to search for. For example, for a search for "omega 22020" there's this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124264382904
Thanks ! It actually helped a lot.

Found this on ofrei, I think it works. Please let me know if you believe it will not, haha !

Regards

Tom

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Found this on ofrei, I think it works. Please let me know if you believe it will not, haha !

It looks good to me; 4.5mm diameter like the one listed in eBay. However I'd wait for those with more experience to comment, just to be sure.

Like 2
Thanks again ! I will wait for more answers before ordering !

Tom

Thing about crowns is that they’re now gold plated. Current crown is gold filled or capped. You can see the difference.

gold filled or cap will have a softer look to it. Gold plated shinier.

how ever. Your case maybe heavy gold plate, so new crown could be a better match

can also try Jules Borel or H W Perrins in Toronto

Like 1
Quoted member DON
Thing about crowns is that they’re now gold plated. Current crown is gold filled or capped. You can see the difference.

gold filled or cap will have a softer look to it. Gold plated shinier.

how ever. Your case maybe heavy gold plate, so new crown could be a better match

can also try Jules Borel or H W Perrins in Toronto
Thanks !
Case is 9ct gold. The crown reference on cousins is pvd plated (gold plated ?).
Guess I will try different ones and see which one matches.

Tom