Forums Latest Members
  1. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Sep 5, 2019

Ran into a snafu with my Polerouter Sub this morning, male side of the split stem gave up the ghost.

Doesn't seem like split stem parts for the microrotor movements exist anywhere. And since they were used on the Super's also, I feel like they shouldn't be so elusive. I know people keep their parts source close to the chest, but does anyone know if they are around? They would be a 404 part number instead of 401, right?

I've pulled the trigger on a regular stem in the mean time with hopes of still screwing down the crown. But wanted to see if you all knew something I didn't

Thanks in advance

Edited Sep 5, 2019
  2. Canuck Sep 5, 2019

The male side should be easy to locate.usually, one size fits all. It is the female side that is likely trickiest. To find a CORRECT stem with the female feature for a microrotor movement? They are made of unobtainium.

Mark020 likes this.
  3. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Sep 5, 2019

Hmm, I think you or I is confused. The male side in this case is the side that also goes into the movement (fits the keyless works, also has male side sticking out) and the female side is attached to the Sub crown. Female/crown side is fine. Male/keyless side is broken. That's the side i can't find.

Maybe you're talking about a version where the female side is on the keyless end?**

**correct me if i'm wrong or mistaken.

4. Canuck Sep 7, 2019

Usually, the male side is on a stud which screws into the crown, and the female end is on the outer end of the stem. I say usually! So based on this, I am not confused. However if yours has the female component included in the stud that screws into the crown, and the male end on the outer end of the stem, I have never seen that sort of sdrawkcab arrangement.

5. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Sep 7, 2019

Yeah; I’ve seen that too. But for these subs and Supers it’s the opposite. Here’s mine.
    89E160D4-8531-45C7-8A12-A6A8ED89B2F9.jpeg

CafeRacer likes this.