Forums Latest Members
  1. tmw57 Aug 6, 2017

Aftermarket is fine, just wondering if any one can steer me to a good source. I contacted Ofrei and no luck.

Thanks,

Todd

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 6, 2017

Try Cousins

3. tmw57 Aug 6, 2017

Thanks Steve.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 6, 2017

Part number is 062PN0326. Still available from Omega...

5. tmw57 Aug 6, 2017

Thanks Archer...great news!

6. tmw57 Aug 6, 2017

umm, any idea of who might sell me one?

I'll give Cousins a shout, but wondering if there is a source in the U.S.

7. tmw57 Aug 6, 2017

does this crystal have a tension ring?

8. mac_omega Aug 6, 2017

no

9. tmw57 Aug 6, 2017

Thanks Mac-

And before I start a new thread, one more question: Is there a trick to decasing this watch? I ask because after I removed the stem and what appeared to be two large screws, I was unable to get the movement out..

What am I missing?

10. mac_omega Aug 6, 2017

You have to remove the bezel and take the movement out from the front side - sometimes you will have to apply a little pressure from the back to make the movement come out.

If you are not used to such work (as it seems) it would be better to ask a watchmaker to do this work for you.

Have you tools to insert the new crystal?

kyle L likes this.
  11. ChrisN Aug 6, 2017

If there are just two screws that overlap the edge of the movement onto the case then when you tighten them, they are pulling the movement backwards. That means the movement must have gone in from the front after removal of the bezel. It comes out the same way.

Just be very careful as it would be very easy to damage something if you're not used to doing this.

Regards, Chris

Edit: I see you already have the same answer from @mac_omega ... Bit slow typing again.

12. tmw57 Aug 6, 2017

Thanks Mac and Chris,

And sorry if my question was a bit uninformed. I've done a fair amount of this type of work, but am definitely a novice. I didn't realize that the bezel needed to come off this one first. And am greatly relieved to hear it, as the watch is in the kind of shape where I thought the movement may have been literally cemented into the case after I looked at the sloppily applied glue (may be epoxy!) that was on the bezel rim and crystal...

And yes I have a decent press and enough dies so that I can probably fit a new crystal. I also have the tool (that spidery looking thing) that applies compression around the rim of the crystal if that is needed.

Case is in such rough shape that I am not terribly worried about trying to get the bezel off, but will stop before I damage anything. Been down that road before...

Best,

Todd