Forums Latest Members
  1. Dellwatcher Dec 2, 2019

Hi everyone, I’m looking for a vintage omega for son at a price less than £1500 from a UK dealer in “ready to wear” condition. Needs to be 36 to 39/40mm and clean/fresh in either steel or solid gold. Any recommended go-to models which he’d be proud to wear and any go-to dealers which we could trust with provenance and offering sound value. Auto preferred but manual wind ok too, no quartz though. Thanks in anticipation.

thelinendial likes this.
  2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Dec 2, 2019

Might not be everyone's first pick but maybe a Speedmaster Reduced or automatic? Lots of variations to choose from and should fit your budget. (Borrowed picture for the first)

zOmega-Speedmaster-Reduced-3510.50.00-124712w.jpg IMG_20191116_151137.jpg

thelinendial, Dellwatcher and 03Hemi like this.
  3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 2, 2019

Just keep your eye on the sales forums here and look for watches that are serviced, or get it serviced after purchase.
    In all honesty I would avoid most dealers with reputations or stock that looks ‘as new’ as much of this is polished beyond recognition and or redialled.
    Feel free to post links or pics here for members to evaluate.
    Kyle’s suggestion of the speedie auto is a good idea as they have a modern look that young people will like, though not exactly vintage. But unless you can massively increase your budget (or go for lesser known brands) then it’s difficult to find older vintage that a young man will appreciate the look of.

ConElPueblo and Dellwatcher like this.
  4. Davidt Dec 3, 2019

Have a look at the Seamaster 166.032 and 168.023.

Classic vintage looks and within budget but larger than most vintage Seamasters at 36mm.

ConElPueblo and Dellwatcher like this.
  5. thelinendial Dec 4, 2019

Given his age I suggest the speedmaster. A reduced provided wrist size matches would make it affordable.

6. OMEGuy Dec 7, 2019

I'd consider the Speedmaster Triple Date. A nice and reliable watch at medium size (39 mm). It should be possible to find one around your price point...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]