Forums Latest Members
  1. christopherchiou Apr 20, 2019

Just wanted to share the current state of my collection as it’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these. I think a core well rounded collection for me only consists of a few classic flagship watches of a few select brands, but it’s also because we all have a limited budget! I also like to have variety not only in brands but also functionality as that plays a large role for me. Hence, what you see here represents a watch for different elements, land, sea, and air. If it’s also not apparent, having paperwork and accessories seals the deal for me and makes it that much more collectible! Now onto the watches.

Omega Speedmaster 145.022-69

This was the first of the three that I purchased and I had looked for one for sometime as I’d realized how classic and legendary the moon watch was. I have written up a detailed thought process on why I wanted this watch in another post, but long story short, this -69 has all the right flair, from the step dial, DON bezel, flatlink bracelet. It’s also the model from the year of the moon landing and I think that makes it that much more special.

IWC 3706 Fleigerchrono

I purchased this watch a few months after the Speedmaster as it popped up on eBay from a jeweler. I actually had this watch originally but sold it and rebought as this one had the full box and papers and a slight detail many may not notice, but mattered to me. The tritium dots around the non cardinal markers added a nice touch that I had preferred over ones without. I think this watch is such a classic IWC fleiger design and from a era where IWC was making perfectly sized watches. There is so much DNA in this watch that is evident in their modern day lineup, yet this one still sells at a fraction of the price with twice the charm. The beads of rice bracelet is also one of the most comfortable bracelets I’ve worn!

Tudor Submariner 76100

I just purchased this one recently and actually was the first vintage submariner I was looking out for ever since I got into watches. There’s something about the uniqueness of the blue Tudor subs that draws me in and is so different than their Rolex brethren. The big lollipop hand filled with lume is what I think does it for me. I ended up first with a snowflake however sold it, and missed it. No surprise. Then this bad boy popped up with full box and papers and I was too overjoyed due to the rarity of such a complete set. Being a transitional model, they don’t come up for sale often at all. It also timed nicely with a promotion at work, so as an excuse, I thought it would be a nice treat for myself. I couldn’t be happier with this piece!

I still have one more slot in the WatchBox and it is reserved for the ever popular Pepsi GMT that I have been searching for over a year now. I love the GMT function as I am an avid traveler and would love a fitting watch to accompany me. Either vintage or new, but those crazy waitlists at ADs and second hand prices make me swing towards vintage. When I get it, who knows...but prices aren’t coming down anytime soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

5C01ECED-28E0-4C59-8A50-9BB848471097.jpeg
    Eve, Jamgantenk, 0uss and 4 others like this.
  2. shishy www.hpmor.com Apr 20, 2019

Nice, I always thought those IWCs looked nice. What's ticking inside? Valjoux 7750?

Jamgantenk and christopherchiou like this.
  3. christopherchiou Apr 20, 2019

Thanks man, yup it’s the classic workhorse 7750.

Jamgantenk likes this.
  4. michael22 Apr 20, 2019

Nice. No call for a dress watch?

Jamgantenk likes this.
  5. christopherchiou Apr 20, 2019

Well tbh I started with a dress watch (Nomos Orion) but then caught the steel sports watch bug. I also tell myself I never get dressed up enough to wear a dress watch unfortunately. I think the best option for me that is slightly dressy but sporty as well is a AP RO. But prices are crazy...maybe one day. I’ve also always admired the JLC Master series and originally wanted the 39mm MUT moon.

Jamgantenk and michael22 like this.
  6. Cadillac Apr 21, 2019

Nice!

christopherchiou likes this.
  7. 77deluxe Apr 21, 2019

Great collection. Love the speedy.

christopherchiou likes this.
  8. christopherchiou Apr 21, 2019

Thank you! It’s quite the looker :thumbsup:

9. FlyingSnoopy Apr 22, 2019

Nice collection!
    Enjoy it