Forums Latest Members

[Sort of] His and Hers from Baselworld

1. watchos Sep 22, 2017

Surprised my wife at the OB a couple of days ago with a pair from Baselworld.

I told her we were going to get a Snoopy strap for my Speedy. Got that too. The new watch comes with a detachment clasp. So I can eadily switch from one to the other. They gave me a complimentary NATO leather strap.

She’s loving the 38 speedy and I the new Aquaterra. The dial is interesting since depending on entry angle you’ll see more libes or less.

Here they are with sushi and sake:

4C86B2E3-C953-4E64-9F75-34EA424EA828.jpeg FDBF6C72-C49F-4C6C-A67F-96EF0AD1BC8C.jpeg

shutterlife, Jwit, Bushido and 3 others like this.
  2. the.watchdoc Sep 22, 2017

Lovely! I know many aren't on board with the new ATs, but to be honest I've been quite smitten with them. They remind me a little of the TH Aquaracer, which isn't exactly a flattering comparison, but the AT is much more refined in execution.

With the new stripey Railmaster as well, Omega seems to be going heavy on the stripes this year.

Edited Sep 22, 2017
    watchos and Jwit like this.
  3. watchos Sep 22, 2017

The stripes are quite interesting since their intensity varies with sunlight. The pics on the Omega website or the lighting in the boutique don’t do it justice. It is a piece that needs to be seen in person and ideally in daylight.

Also saw the new non special edition Railmaster at the boutique. The sales person said that it would probably be available in December. More of a brushed metal look, but absolutely well designed imo.

the.watchdoc likes this.
  4. the.watchdoc Sep 23, 2017

I'm headed to an OB next week, I'm looking forward to taking a good look at the new models. I heard they've got a trilogy Speedy in as well, though I'm not sure if I'll get to look at that before it goes off to its owner.

Anyhow, congrats on the new buy and wear it in good health!

5. watchos Sep 23, 2017

Thanks! They had the trilogy speedy in today when I went ealier. I don’t recall seeing them on Wednesday. Also, I was supposed to see them still wrapped in plastic inside the display case. Do they usually keep the LE I’m plastic?