Forums Latest Members

Somewhat new collector and photographer here

1. bitman84 Nov 13, 2020

Hello....I'm new to the world of Omega. Vintage watches have an appeal to me and currently own a vintage Breitling. Having been told that everyone should at least own a Speedy once I, I figured this would be a good place to start. I make my living as a photographer so hopefully I can help out on the photo section a little bit. Glad to be here.

2. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Nov 13, 2020

Let me be the first to welcome you with a well known phrase around these parts
    "Photos or it didn't happen"

DaveK, bitman84, befobe and 1 other person like this.
  3. SkunkPrince Nov 13, 2020

"Pics or it didn't happen!" :D

Careful with the purchase of a Speedmaster. They have become crazy collectable, and some of them go for tens of thousands. Better to get a newish one, either a "moon watch" or a '57 version.

bitman84 likes this.
  4. JwRosenthal Nov 13, 2020

Welcome! We have a few photographers here (myself included) so you are in good company.
    Lots of great resources here- start with all the stickies “particularly learning to fish” and Speedy 101 and spend lots of time learning. The classifieds here are a great safe place to shop, they are member monitored and shady watches don’t make it through. You don’t need 200 posts to reach out via PM to a seller, just to post there.
    And yes- you need to post watch pics of your Breitling

5. MtnMarine Nov 13, 2020

Looking forward to pics of your speedy! Welcome to this great site.

6. bitman84 Nov 16, 2020

Yes, I am treading carefully with regards to purchasing my first Speedy. I would like one from my birth year (1984) and am researching the pitfalls that might come with buying an older watch.

Here is my Breitling Maritime Chrono from '87. I purchased it from the original owner, a guy I've known for many years. He gave me the box and this paperwork, not really sure why it's the Superocean paperwork but he said that he'd always kept it in the with the box. breitling-maritime.jpg

Gav1967 and JwRosenthal like this.
  7. bitman84 Nov 16, 2020

One more just for fun!
    breitling-maritime-2.jpg

Gav1967 likes this.
  8. Peter_from_NL Nov 16, 2020

Welcome, but where are the Omega pics?......

bitman84 likes this.
  9. Marsimaxam Nov 16, 2020

Welcome from an old collector and somewhat new photographer. Look forward to your photographs to come in the future and hope you find the Speedmaster of your dreams.
    IMG_7739.JPG

bitman84 and 64Wing like this.
  10. mountainunder Nov 17, 2020

If it was a 1984 Speedmaster, I think there are still a lot of good watches left in good condition.
    Good luck with that.

bitman84 likes this.
  11. LesXL Nov 17, 2020

Welcome, my 2 favourite hobbies :)

bitman84 likes this.
  12. bitman84 Nov 17, 2020

Hoping to find a good one :)

13. Weekople Apr 10, 2024

Love your taste in vintage Breitlings – those chronographs are timeless classics.

Seeing your post totally reignited my own vintage watch itch. Omega Speedmasters have always held a special place in my heart – maybe it's the whole moon landing legacy, or maybe they just ooze a certain cool factor.

Speaking of iconic moments, have you considered a Speedmaster for a truly unforgettable occasion? NYC elopements seem to be all the rage these days, and a vintage Speedmaster strapped on your wrist would be the perfect "something old" to complement the fresh start of your new adventure.

Edited Apr 15, 2024