Forums Latest Members
  1. ConElPueblo Dec 4, 2014

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 4, 2014

A good buy at a good price.

3. virro Dec 4, 2014

I was also following this! I was expecting a much lower price, can some one please explain to me why this moldy cal 321 speedmaster became so expensive?

4. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Dec 4, 2014

Case looks unpolished but hopefully the inside doesn't have the same gunk or damage as the back would seem. People are really looking at the cal 321 speedies as an undervalued market. I wish I got into the game earlier so I could have bought up all the cal 321 good examples I've seen but hindsight is 20/20 isn't it.

5. ConElPueblo Dec 4, 2014

I had no illusions as to the accuracy of the valuation, but still hoped it to have ended cheaper. Didn't dare the risk, even though they have a very good return policy...

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 4, 2014

looking at the facets on the lugs it's a 105.012.66 . that should explain it.

7. Davidt Dec 4, 2014

Unless I'm missing something here I think that's pretty cheap.

8. virro Dec 4, 2014

Cool, I was kind of close on my ref/year guess then, but my knowledge of the speedmaster is pretty lacking hehe :)
    What makes me react on the price is that you probably have to take into account that a pretty hefty service is in order? Or am I wrong?

9. Davidt Dec 4, 2014

Ah, just seen the crown is missing and there's no movement shot. Still, I'd have been tempted...

10. Davidt Dec 4, 2014

It's a sought after model with a nice original dial, case and bezel. Water ingress may be an issue but if not its a nice example after a service.

11. ConElPueblo Dec 5, 2014

I know that the case is rather speciel; it is, however, also a bit chewed up at the end of the lugs. The bezel looks to be in very nice condition... I am sort of regretting not bidding on it, in spite of the $3.000 price tag.

12. marturx Dec 5, 2014

It will renovate very well. A new crown and stem, a low pusher and a correct chrono sec hand and you´ll have an excellent CB-case 105.012-66

I would have bid on it myself, but I let a collector friend take my spot in the bidding.

A good buy in my eyes, the buyer is to be congratulated!

Davidt likes this.
  13. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 5, 2014

This is a desireable thing.

Original, untouched CB case.

Oh yes.

SpikiSpikester and Davidt like this.
  14. Pahawi Dec 5, 2014

Did not join the party either - maybe I should've :)

Auction house estimated it to $430 ::screwloose::, so I guess the owner got a nice surprice:)

Martin, very nice of you :thumbsup: If your friend got it, do you think he would mind to share, what's under the hood....... ::shy:: :)

15. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Dec 5, 2014

euro 2500 is not too bad, but there might be underlying problems. would you submit something to an auction house without crown and pusher cap? why? that is easy to fix. and the chance, of getting a much better price with crown and pusher cap, is real..... but then you might have to admit, that it does not work properly..... kind regards. achim

cristos71 likes this.
  16. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Dec 5, 2014

I'm curious. It's there no vetting process for an auction house? Do they accept any watches that anyone wants to sell? Even if the watch is missing a crown and/or a pusher? Without them, how can they tell if the watch is running or functional?

17. Pahawi Dec 5, 2014

They sell pretty much everything and they don’t guarantee functionality. In return you have two weeks to return what you buy (not sure if that counts for all bidders, or only EU citizens).

18. bill5959 Dec 5, 2014

19. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 5, 2014

I've taken 2 watches and one painting to auction houses and in both cases they brought a watch expert to take a look and appraise the watches and in the case of the painting they came home to check it. That included looking inside and making sure it is in working order. If it is not they are supposed to disclose on the paperwork unless the value of it is not deemed to be affected by it. For example a bad frame on a great painting

20. marturx Dec 5, 2014

That is an easy fix to you. I bet this one comes from a clearing of an estate. Someone, who doesn´t care a damn thing about watches, who finds an old watch in a drawer, at his/ hers deceased relative, and also (unlikely) bothers to go to a Omega AD to have a qoutation for having it fixed, and got to hear that it will cost them about a 1000$ to have it fixed, they will dump it off at the auction house and have it sold as-is!

Which is of course the very best thing to do in all perspectives!