Someone help me with this vintage omega

I saw a vintage omega in a local selling site in my country, but I have a few doubts about it. First of all, is this solid gold? The seller wont open the watch and he doesnt have the original box and papers anymore. Is there another way to tell if it is solid gold? I have seen some markings near the lugs but cant see them due to lack of definitions in photos. And is it original, redial? The watch was given to his father after working for a local company here, it even has an inscripted caseback.

Looks like a hallmark on that lug, gold plated models don’t have stamped markings like that and given the detailed engraving on the caseback I’d say its some grade of solid gold but which is hard to say. Dial is original, condition is quite excellent overall, its a nice example.

Looks like a hallmark on that lug, gold plated models don’t have stamped markings like that and given the detailed engraving on the caseback I’d say its some grade of solid gold but which is hard to say. Dial is original, condition is quite excellent overall, its a nice example.

That marking was exactly my doubt, I think its a fine example too, just need to get the price down now.

Looks to be from Brazil so it may be a locally cased Omega. This was often done to lower import tarrifs.
You could check gold hallmarks used in Brazil to confirm gold content.
It's also possible that it may be a Swiss cased watch but the stamp on the lug doesn't look Swiss, and it may be an import stamp.
If that's so, all relevant markings will be inside on the caseback.

I wouldn't buy unless the case is opened to check markings and to see condition of movement

It could very well be an orphan movement in a custom case and not Omega. Also to see if what karat the case is marked if done.

You don't want to pay 18kt gold price if the case is 10kt or 14kt gold

If the store refuses to open it. I wouldn't buy it unless it's cheap enough and you want to take your chances

DON

Also my opinion is that the watch is solid gold but it has to be open to check how many Karats and i do not imagine a seller who will not open a watch to check that..Regards