Forums Latest Members

Some resources for tracking your next purchase

1. Evose Jan 24, 2020

Most of you are probably very familiar with current resources for not only tracking certain key searches, but also setting alerts. As a novice I'm only beginning to search online — I typically buy from ADs, but not everything can be bought in-store and eBay is for the bold.

Here are some I use fairly often. If you have another resource post here. Trying to make my job easier :)

https://www.chrono24.com/#gref
    https://www.watchrecon.com/

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 24, 2020

eBay completed sales search.

Otterina likes this.
  3. Evitzee Jan 24, 2020

All results from the auction houses.

4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 24, 2020

Sounds like you’re looking for modern watches. The good news is, there are some dealers who maintain a regular presence on the forum in the « Watches for sale » section, and you will probably find a great many options there.

For vintage watches, it’s quite another matter. With growing demand and a finite supply the competition for the best pieces has become intense, and frankly experienced collectors would be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to give away their sources and best tricks to complete strangers.
    It’s like intelligence — you’re not supposed to disclose soirces and methods. (Sorry ;))

DaveK likes this.
  5. Evose Jan 24, 2020

That makes great sense! I’m definitely more of a modern collector and although I really appreciate the vintage flair; it would be on a modern timepiece.

Syrte likes this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 25, 2020

Time is the resource needed ::book::

Syrte likes this.
  7. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 25, 2020

Let’s not forget money, which can be a substitute. The opposite is not true.