Some moments of my first trip..

Congrats and enjoy. Greetings from Philly area. When near, can send you to great cheese steak places. you have option to check out stores and Craigs list watches all over continent.

Like 1
Give a shout out when you get to Nunavut!
I know a few vintage dealers there..::rimshot::

Thanks, again for sharing the experiences of your exciting traveling profession..

Congrats on the first trip!

I’m pretty far south, but give a shout out if you ever get some downtime in Atlanta :thumbsup:..

Congrats on your trip and thanks for sharing, I've always had an itch to get a truck licence

Sorry but isn't it dangerous to wear a rolex and to be driving a truck around?

My impression of truck drivers are that they are not very highly paid and seem to work long hours.

I'm not American, hence the question and possibly wrong stereotype. No offense meant to all truck drivers!

Thanks for explaining in advance :)

No offence taken but what is your concern?

Cheers

Quoted member Faz
No offence taken but what is your concern?

Cheers

Is it safe wearing a rolex while driving? Won't you get robbed at stop overs etc?

Most truck stops are extremely safe. And the driver community is very much like a brotherhood. Very cordial. And discretion is always advised. Wearing it on a NATO helps and I wear long sleeves anyways.

Like 2
Is it safe wearing a rolex while driving? Won't you get robbed at stop overs etc?

I think trucking is no more or less at risk of being robbed, and if you are the target of a robbery it may well have nothing to do with what is or isn’t on your wrist.

My brothers were team driving many years ago and they did a run that took them to Texas. They were there for a short layover once and decided to see a movie at a local theatre near to where they’d parked the truck.

When they were heading back they were held up at gunpoint and had their wallets stolen. They are 2 average size guys, not well dressed and likely didn’t have a nice watch on their wrists (at least not worth more than $50). The robbery was simply a matter of them being at the wrong place at the wrong time. FWIW - they gave their wallets to the thief and escaped without injury.

Like 1
Are the drugs to help you stay awake and alert while driving long hours and overnight?

Can’t be healthy...

Like 2
I am not sure that is what the blue pills are for :D

Like 1
Those drugs are dangerous. Healthy eating and good rest help keep your stamina up on long drives. The new trucks have a fridge, micro-wave and induction element so you can bring and prepare good meals. Stay away from junk food which is prevalent at all truck stops. A strategic cup of strong coffee doesn't hurt either!

Like 1
Are the drugs to help you stay awake and alert while driving long hours and overnight?

Can’t be healthy...
Federal regulations limit your driving time to 11 hours in a 24 hour period. Then a mandatory 10 hour rest. Everything is logged electronically