Forums Latest Members

Some Information Required :- Constellation Cal.561. 1962

1. Dablitzer Dec 22, 2012

I have a friend who is interested in purchasing this watch from a local deal in London. He is asking £1495 for the piece..

What I would like to know is:

- Does the dial look original?

- is the case too polished?

- Is it a desirable watch, perhaps of collectors standard.

In advance I am unable to get any better pictures but will be able to view the watch at some point.

I believe the dealer sells watches in London and has a good reputation,

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 22, 2012

Overpolished case, refinished dial, crown and hands not original to the watch. Not worth even a third of the asking price IMO.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2012

Actually the hands crown and markers don't go with the watch. They appear to be Yellow Gold and the watch is Rose Gold Cap.

4. Dablitzer Dec 22, 2012

I suspected this, it's amazing what uneducated people will buy...And that worries me. For me it's all about that feeling that you've got something really unusual and rare, not spruced up to look bling, like its trying too hard!! Can I mention websites on here? I can show you the website that house other pieces which may have been refinished the same way! Thanks respectable members.

5. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2012

The London market for vintage watches is famous for overpriced & over polished redials.

6. Dablitzer Dec 22, 2012

That's a shame! I'm currently in the north of England on a hunt for black dialled Constellations! Any tips.. ?

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2012

You'll find more original black dials buying off known collectors here than you will in London. Its even worth placing a WTB, there might be someone willing to move one along.

Dablitzer likes this.
  8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2012

Sad but true. The only London dealer I have found to be any good is John Corr. You're better off checking out reputable Northern sellers, but you'll still get get much fairer prices through the forum :)