Forums Latest Members
  1. talv May 23, 2020

Hello everyone.

I've recently bought my first omega, and it is this Constellation 1333 ST 398.0857. The problem is, I bought it without the strap as I didn't mind if I had a non genuine omega/original strap. Ive been looking all over the internet and have found a picture or two of this watch with a leather strap, having been notched where needed. I've also seen these bars you can get with screws on the end.

I just took it down to my local watch shop and they said there was nothing they could do about it and I need to send it in to Omega to get an original,(I don't think that is possible?).

Does anyone know how I could get a strap on this? I don't mind what sort of strap I have on this, but I also don't have a huge budget.

Open to all suggestions, and thank you for reading.

-Talv

IMG_3507.jpg

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 23, 2020

You'll probably need to have one made for it. If one is available, I'm sure there's someone here that can help.
    It's the little things like this is why we recommend doing research before buying.

connieseamaster, cassius66 and talv like this.
  3. talv May 23, 2020

Yeh I do realise now I should've searched it before, I didn't think cases came like this. What sort of place would I need to get a watch strap made? I can't imagine your bog standard repair shop would do something like that as the one I went to turned me away. Could they maybe modify a normal one?

Thank you for replying and the help.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 27, 2020

Do a google search for custom watch straps.

talv likes this.
  5. malilis May 27, 2020

Why dont you ask MartuLeather (Chile) .... if you can give Andrea the measures of the strap you need, she can certainly produce a custom strap for a reasonable cost ! You'll find her website very easily by google the name of the firm !
    Good luck

6. malilis May 28, 2020

Obviously this watch was originally fitted with a bracelet ...for a leather strap it will be necessary to find some way to maintain the bars in position .. aint gonna be easy !

JwRosenthal likes this.
  7. talv May 29, 2020

many thanks for replying and recommending me a place to get it done ae48.jpg ae49.jpg 81.615photo3.1__71253.1477050878.jpg . so yeh, I was thinking about what sort of pin would work. do you/anyone think a friction pin might work? Ive also found this picture online of this, trying to work out what sort of pin it might be.

kkt likes this.
  8. malilis May 30, 2020

Nice example you found ... so it seems indeed that the bar (pin) stays in position by friction only ... that would be one way to go : to find a pin of the required diameter (to be measured very carefully) and to find by trial and error a diameter that would be maintained by friction .. in that case there is no need to have a screwed head for the pin, as it serves no purpose ! and in addition, you should get MartuLeather (or any other firm similar) to produce a strap with rigid/ stiff head and a hole very tight also .. alternatively, if the ping could have a enlarged screwed head the size of the strap thickness it would be better .. then the friction becomes less important .. in this case also the stiff head of strap is required .. but to find that pin is difficult in my opinion .. the first option is more attainable for a DIY amateur ...

talv and connieseamaster like this.
  9. talv May 31, 2020

Thank you, this is really really helpful! I am going to order a few different sizes and types of pins, then go from there. I think this has now become a little project.

10. malilis Jun 1, 2020

keep us posted !
    good luck

talv likes this.
  11. talv Jul 1, 2020

Aha! I did it... albeit a slightly crude job done by myself as the custom watch strap makers of the internet were either having trouble with postage (with the current climate) or the case was too complex for them to go by measurements and required sending my first ever omega into the internet, which was a bit scary.

With a cheap strap i was willing to ruin from etsy, a cheap pair of notching pliers off ebay and fabric glue I fashioned this slightly temporary arrangement until I can go into a shop that will custom make a strap for me. I had to go with a pin that was smaller than the hole in the case as the one that fit perfectly made it so there was barely 0.2 mm for the thinnest strap I could find to pass through. That being said, the strap is 'thick' enough to push the pin right up against the hole in the case if you get what I mean. How long will this last, only time will tell...

Thanks to all the people who have given me advice on this forum!

IMG_3783.jpg

12. malilis Jul 1, 2020

not bad ..! at least you can wear the watch waiting to manage a better solution ...

13. talv Jul 5, 2020

thank you for your help.