Forums Latest Members

Some Good News after exploding battery incident

1. lillatroll Jan 21, 2020

In December I popped two new renata batteries into my Omega TC1 watch. One of them exploded after I inserted it and screwed down the case back. The result being; my watch no longer works. When it popped it also blew off the metal connector that I presume conducts power between the two batteries. After some correspondence back and forth I got no response from Renata so I wrote an email to the Swatch group explaining my Predicament.
    I got an email today from both Omega and Renata. Renata have agreed to allow me to send the watch to Omega and have it repaired at their expense. This morning I got a separate email from Omega Watches asking me to send the watch to them so they could repair it. I expect Swatch forwarded my email to Omega and Renata for them to deal with it.
    I am happy that my persistence has paid off and very happy with the way in which this matter has been resolved. Things go wrong, and mishaps happen, but the way in which they are dealt with are what’s important, at least to me, and in this case I am very happy with the outcome and the response from Swatch, even if it did take quite a few emails and a bit of forthright correspondence on my part. I will get my watch back in working order and continue to enjoy wearing it for many years to come.

here is a picture of the exploded battery and damaged connector.
    image.jpg

Edited Jan 21, 2020