Forums Latest Members
  1. Chmiking Apr 25, 2013

I thought I should share some experience I have had with some eBay sellers.

bigg86969
    I recently bought a one year old Speedmaster from him which he described to be in “Very nice and clean in excellent condition!!!”

Upon arrival I found out that the quick date setting function was damaged.
    The watch also drops 7-8 sec/24h which isn’t normal for a one year old Omega chronometer.
    The overall condition was not what I had expected, the watch has deep scratches and traces of a bad restoration which I consider unusual for a one year old watch.
    In the listing he referred “scratches and scuffs but no major ones” to the images of the watch.
    Not many scratches and scuffs could be seen in the images, and now when I have the watch it’s simple to see why, simply because they were out of focus.

The seller offered a little refund which will not cover any of the repair needed to get the watch back in working order. In order to give some refund he requires me to accept cancel transaction which will make him gain even more from the deal and prevent me to give him feedback.
    He also accepts a return of the watch, if I pay the return shipping fee. I refuse to do so because I think the seller should take his responsibility of selling bad and expensive watches and therefore cover the return shipping fee. Again he requires me to accept cancel transaction.
    I think this is quite common since I have seen several of his watches relisted and he still has 100% positive feedback.

To my question about the watch condition, the seller replied:
    “Ranking levels are as follow:
    new, like new, mint, near mint, excellent and very good”
    This information is nowhere to be seen on his pages, at least I couldn't find it.
    I doubt that any buyer will expect “excellent condition” to be the second worst condition.

I also asked him if he actually did a check up on the watch before listing it, he replied:
    “I had all my watches sitting in winding machine for a week to make sure everything
    is fine”
    Wow, like the watch winder automagically can check the entire watch by itself!
    I would want a watch winder like that!

This is my worst experience so far.

I have decided to let this case escalate to the eBay resolution centre.

Kaberui
    For a few years ago I bought a Speedmaster Pro, the watch matched exactly the description and I had a very nice experience with it.

jo1208jp
    For a few years ago I bought two watches on two different occasions.
    The first watch did not match the description very well, but the seller gave me a partly refund, so I was happy with the deal.
    So, after a while I thought I’ll give him a second chance and buy another watch from him.
    Unfortunately the other watch deviated even more from the description, which resulted in a bad feedback to warn other buyers.

jmryshi
    A few years ago I bought a Speedmaster Pro, the watch didn’t really match the description, but the seller gave a partly refund which made me happy about the deal.

sabashioyakiz1
    So far I have bought 9 watches from him, each and every one of these watches matches the description exactly.
    He also has very nice images and close-up’s of his watches.

Hope this post will be to any help to anyone who has thoughts about buying Omegas on eBay

Stumbellina likes this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 25, 2013

Any idea where to buy this revolutionary piece of kit? :rolleyes:

Stumbellina likes this.
  3. Chmiking Apr 25, 2013

Perhaps they have them at Hogwarts?:)

4. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Apr 25, 2013

Larry is usually a good person to deal with...weird he would sell a watch that is problematic without offering to take it back. I've dealt with him several times directly in the past but have found other sources now so I don't have to go through middlemen

5. Chmiking Apr 26, 2013

Perhaps your purchases was good ones so you didn't need to see his bad side?

Now he finally agrees to cover the return shipping fee, but he still requires me to leave positive feedback before this.
    This is the first watch i bought from him and also the last.

The sad thing about bad transactions like this is that the buyer will most likely lose a great deal of money due to the custom taxes.

6. Chmiking May 7, 2013

A little update regarding my purchase from bigg86969.

Now he finally refunded the watch after I shipped it back to him, he also covered the return shipping fee.
    However he threatens with making a chargeback for the covered shipping fee if I doesn't leave him positive feedback.

The watch I sent back is already relisted. He still refuses to admit that the watch needs service, so a wild guess is that he did not repair it before relisting it.
    Here it is:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140971098840Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Don't buy it, or anything else from this seller for that matter. There are way better sellers out there.

7. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter May 7, 2013

That seems like very poor practice from him... I don't understand why he would threaten you with chargeback or demands feedback...if you need something let me know

8. Chmiking May 7, 2013

Ok, thank you very much.

9. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member May 21, 2014

Welcome to the wonderful world of the internet :rolleyes:

10. Chmiking May 22, 2014

It is true that I signed up to write a negative review about bigg86969. I think potential buyers needs to know what kind of seller they are dealing with.
    According to his eBay feedback score, most of his watches must have been as described. However I have noticed that he had some negative feedbacks which afterwards turned into positive ones, if you read my review about him you'll understand why.
    After my return of the watch in this review, it was re-listed without repairing. It didn't take long before the new buyer gave him negative feedback. After a while that negative feedback also disappeared. The story repeats itself.
    It seems like bigg86969 has found a way to keep his feedback score on eBay, that's why I choose to write about him here.

I would not take the chance of buying a watch from him. In my review I listed way more reliable sellers on eBay from my experiences. But in the end it is up to you.

11. yande Oct 8, 2014

I'm not sure about the others, but you bought watches from 3 of the Best Japanese Sellers on EBay and you had problems with 2 of them?
    With respect, remind me never to sell you a watch! ;)

I wonder what you would have done if you received my Speedmaster Mark 4.5 that I bought from a respected member DCourtenay. About a week after its arrival, upon winding it, the crown came off! I managed to screw it back on, and give it a little jerk to seat it, and that has worked for the past 2 years. I contacted Doug, he stated that he would take it back, or pay for repairs, but I stated that all was good, no drama. I didn't ask for a discount.

Again, with respect, some people are anal, and some are a little more easy going.

When selling, I do my best to not hide anything, Describe with faults in upper mind, and sell honestly. Thankfully, I have never had a complaint, so far...

12. Chmiking Oct 8, 2014

With respect, some people are anal and some are asses.
    Obviously you haven't read my first post properly before writing your post.

When buying a one year old watch which is described “Very nice and clean in excellent condition!!!” one also expect to receive a watch in excellent condition. Don't you? Don't you expect to receive what you have read in the description and payed for? If you don't, I feel sorry for your customers since you most likely will sell your own watches with the same attitude.

Why do you ask what I have done if I have bought that watch from Doug? Doug did what every respectable seller would have done: offered a repair or take it back. You said it yourself. I would have been happy with that.
    My first post is mostly about a seller who didn't offer any of that. That's what I wanted to warn other buyers about.

These are my experiences. If yours are better, good for you.

No worries, I will never buy a watch from you, or anything else for that matter:)

13. yande Oct 8, 2014

Oops, sorry if you took offence to that. It was not meant Chmiking, hence the ;) ! I can now understand how you could though, and I apologise for that. As regards being anal, well there is nothing wrong with that. I think anyone who is into this hobby has to be, to a degree. Just some are more so, then others. I am often called anal, by my brother, who I refer to as a "splatterer!"
    And just for the record, Doug offered to pay someone here in Australia to repair the watch, that I declined.
    All the best!

14. Omegamaster Apr 14, 2015

Chmiking,
    You can say whatever you like but
    Bigg86969 is a honest seller! I purchased watches from him a few times
    and he was very responsible for everything! He is totally different than
    other watch sellers from Ebay! The best one so far!
    His nearly 5000 100% positive feedback says all!
    I do not know what your reasons are but please do not ruin his reputation here!

15. bonzo Apr 15, 2015

Are you Big86969 lawyer ? Let him speak for himself . The buyer has a problem with this seller . And i do believe him . Of course i do . Sometimes top-rated sellers are hiding behind the high feedback volume saying : whatttttt ??? look at my FB , i'm the good guy and you're the bad . Of course all are milk and honey prior selling , after that ... bitter .

Edit : and this a veryyyyy old thread