Forums Latest Members

Sold: Straight From The Tropics Vintage NOS Package Deal $420

1. janice&fred Sep 30, 2020

My sister-in-law in the deep tropics has hunted down some kool lookin vintage never-sold virgin beauties that hopefully y'all will enjoy.

IMG_2721.jpg

Well, actually the Dynamic-ish looking one I found in Essex Ct but the other 3 are straight from the scuba diving paradise of Moalboal and Mactan Philippines.

I bet y'all never seen one of these before. Well maybe some one has but I haven't so I'm calling it special just like my mom always called me.

IMG_2698.jpg

A '60's NOS diver complete with built-in thermometer on the inside of the acrylic crystal. Hard to capture in the pictures but the crystal is perfectly smooth on the outside and the thermometer is built in to the inner crystal surface. I got no idea if the inner thermometer was some sort of factory optional crystal for the hot tropics but it certainly isn't difficult to swap out if one wanted a plain acrylic crystal. However this baby is guaranteed to be a conversation starter whenever worn. Never sold since new, the tropic strap is still like new and pliable, winds and runs great and is in breathtaking as-new condition. The name on the gorgeous black dial is "Reliance" and the pictures don't do it justice. The lume is perfect, markers and hands are perfect and any shading or coloring differences is merely reflections in the pictures. Nice full size men's watch. The thermometer also works fine. Truly a time capsule find that will make you the envy of any watch GTG. Just send money.

IMG_2688.jpg IMG_2691.jpg IMG_2692.jpg IMG_2694.jpg IMG_2699.jpg IMG_2719.jpg

Next we have this also never-sold-since-new red dialed manual wind diver that is also a good runner and fairly chunky in size. Completely as-found in the dive shop storage room and didn't come with a strap.

IMG_2686.jpg IMG_2683.jpg IMG_2684.jpg IMG_2685.jpg

Next up for never-sold oldies from the tropics is this early 70's Seiko automatic in stunning never worn condition. My sister in law found this sitting in an old watch store's forgotten inventory on Mactan island and snapped it up for us. Super sharp original factory finish to the case and bracelet and the blue dial is gorgeous. Colorful markers really make this thing pop on the wrist. Starts right up with a gentle shake and runs nice. Very hard to find example in this as-new condition!

IMG_2662.jpg
    IMG_2666.jpg IMG_2669.jpg IMG_2680.jpg IMG_2676.jpg

And finally from right here in Essex Connecticut is a super sharp mint condition Haverhills Omega Dynamic lookalike manual winder with original and perfect rubber strap. Snazzy looker that runs fine and appears to have never been used. Any imperfections in the images is dust on the outside of the acrylic crystal. Nice big sized men's watch with sharp original brushed and polished case finish.

IMG_2714.jpg IMG_2713.jpg IMG_2711.jpg IMG_2706.jpg IMG_2704.jpg IMG_2702.jpg IMG_2700.jpg

Now as if these 4 gorgeous blushing beauties wasn't enough, I will include in this package deal 2 more men's size mechanical watches, either Seiko, American, Swiss made or a combination. The lucky buyer will be able to take his or her pick once payment is made and before shipping. Oh, and shipping anywhere in the US of A is included in our price. Please pay via check or bank wire and quickly as my bookie is running out of patience :D

Vitezi, Sidnos, Thrasher36 and 12 others like this.
  2. Ritzwatch Oct 1, 2020

DUDE! Your own sales pitch! "NEVER WORN"!

(I jest. :p This is a cool package that will give the buyer a lot of fun options for some knockabouts. I will be interested to see what the "mystery" watch turns out to be. GLWYS.)[/QUOTE]

janice&fred likes this.
  3. MtV Oct 1, 2020

I'm considering moving to the US, just to be able to purchase your watch packages.

GLWS!

Sam881, JwRosenthal and janice&fred like this.
  4. asrnj77 Oct 1, 2020

Any idea on the dimensions for any of these?

5. janice&fred Oct 1, 2020

Thanks for the interest and these are now sold :thumbsup:

wristpirate and DaveK like this.
  6. abrod520 Oct 1, 2020

That red one is awesome, it looks like the Cronels I have. If the buyer would like to get in touch, I'm interested in maybe purchasing it :)

7. JwRosenthal Oct 1, 2020

This was a fantastic and fun package, can't beleive I didn't see it until today- congrats to the buyer- these are sure to bring a smile every time you wear them

DaveK likes this.
  8. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Oct 1, 2020

Seriously... only just saw it...

apsm100 likes this.
  9. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Oct 1, 2020

"420", has to be for the weed dealer :)

Mossback, janice&fred and DaveK like this.
  10. Engee Oct 1, 2020

Just saw this - the thermometer watch is fab - would have loved that! I too suddenly wouldn’t mind living in the USA. How about doing some UK only offers, and DMing me before posting?

DaveK likes this.
  11. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Oct 1, 2020

Maybe he can fit the UK in when he's done his Cross-Canada Watch Sale

janice&fred and Engee like this.
  12. Engee Oct 1, 2020

How àbout doing the U.K. before Canada? Let’s remember who comes first in the colonial hierarchy here.

janice&fred likes this.
  13. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Oct 1, 2020

We're closer, and the food is better, so...

shaun hk, janice&fred and Engee like this.
  14. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 1, 2020

Janice, does Fred know you are pawning his NOS stash behind his back?

:)

Cracker looking pieces. Dunno how you sell 6 for the price of 400...and still turn over your profit.

janice&fred likes this.
  15. janice&fred Oct 1, 2020

As I've mentioned in past discussions, my method of boots-on-the-ground buying is not to cherry-pick and zero in on the watch or watches I like, but to buy everything the sellers have in a package deal. I have also trained my tropical relatives to do the same. This way we can keep what initially caught our eye, and sell off whatever else came along with it. These low priced package deals I post here are the result. :D

eugeneandresson and JwRosenthal like this.
  16. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Oct 1, 2020

Now, I can accept you have more trees (once had a holiday in Nova Scotia and distances were measured in tress by the millions) but better food??? I took offence at that comment. Don’t you know England has some of the best Indian restaurants outside of India and where else in the world can you get a get fried Mars bar other than the UK?
    Or are you calling Maple Syrup a food group?

17. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Oct 1, 2020

Yes, a shame not to have the fried mars bars :whistling:

janice&fred likes this.
  18. TexOmega Oct 1, 2020

Would love to see your non-culls from this group buy from the tropics. Or did I miss a thread?

DaveK and janice&fred like this.
  19. janice&fred Oct 1, 2020

These group buys in the tropics usually run fairly large so it's gonna take a whole bunch of posted package deals before we end up with only our keepers. There's a lot of old dive shops and watch stalls on those various islands and we try to buy whatever they have on hand all at once. :)