Forums Latest Members

Sold:Omega SM1000m 166.093 Ploprof

1. simonsays Jul 29, 2019

I am selling this Omega SM1000m. It came to me in totally original and unserviced condition, and looking like it had been used for purpose. I sent it to Swiss Time Services for a full overhaul. Now fully serviced and looking good. Priced at £6250 inc. p+p in Europe

Can be viewed in person at the next Time4aPint in London

The Movement
    The movement was clean and untarnished and is now running perfectly with an accompanying 2 year warranty.

The Case
    The large 43mm mono bloc case is in its original condition, un polished and with signs of wear as you would expect. Crown at 270 degrees to protect from damage or snagging, and to allow better wrist articulation.

The Dial

The original dial is included, but has suffered from the bubbling that affects so many of these blue dialled diving watches. I decided to replace it with a service dial, and had it re lumed with vintage low glow tritium style lume matched to the original hands and bezel colour. I think it is a very successful job and the work was expertly carried out by James Hymen

The Hands
    The hands are original and the minute hand has faded to an attractive subtle yellow. The original Tritium lume is intact and stable

The Bezel

The bezel is original, tritium, uni directional functioning smoothly and without cracks or dents.

The Bracelet
    The watch comes on its original off shore mesh bracelet with seatbelt style clasp in good and secure condition

Accessories

The watch comes with Service papers, Omega service box, and if Omega gets the service back up and running an Extract of the Archives. IMG_8816.jpg IMG_7926.JPG IMG_8401.jpg IMG_8403.JPG IMG_8404.JPG IMG_8405.JPG IMG_8409.jpg

Edited Jul 29, 2019
    Seaborg, Dash1, jaguar11 and 4 others like this.
  2. chunkythebulldog Jul 29, 2019

Nice, GLWS

simonsays likes this.