Forums Latest Members
  1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 3, 2017

Mrs. noelekal and I like to collect old films on DVD. We stayed up late last night watching "Hatari". It's been a few years since I've seen the film. For the first time, I found myself "watching for watches" within the film. Several watches are regularly and prominently seen on the actors' wrists, the watches featured so often that it grabs a watch fan's attention, but I was unable to identify any of them at the time.

The watch worn by Hardy Kruger who played the character Kurt Muller stood out in particular. It appeared a large watch for the time, being 1962 when the film was made. The actor is apparently of slight stature which made the watch really stand out.

[​IMG]

I studied the watch every chance I got, even pausing the film to Mrs. noelekal's exasperation, but never confidently identified the watch. I found myself wondering if it could be a Speedmaster but was by no means certain.

Did a quick internet search this morning and found this shot which is about as good as any still that shows the watch. Also found this site which describes it as a Speedmaster.

http://www.montres-de-luxe.com/Hatari-Hardy-Kruger-porte-une-Omega-Speedmaster_a12230.html

The still is a bit blurry. Does it look like a Speedmaster to you?

red crowned, Dash1 and OMGRLX like this.
  2. MaiLollo Apr 3, 2017

It does!

3. RJwatches Apr 3, 2017

Definitely! 1962, so most likely a 2998?

4. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Apr 3, 2017

Cool!