So I scratched my 2 week old SM300 :'(

Bracelet scuffs and marks I can deal with this early on but a lug scratch, oh maaaan! I'm sure I'll come to terms with it soon, I always have with my previous watches, this is my grail piece though! Tell me to man up and get over it!

It’s not fun to put that first scratch on a watch, but it’s inevitable unless you never wear it or live in bubble wrap. Nobody but you will see that.

Enjoy your grail!

From one OCD forum member to another … sorry, man. 🙁

Man up and get over it 😁

In 50 years there will likely be geeks fawning all over it saying, "wow, look at that honest scratch, must have been used by a diver for it's intended purpose" and the suchlike....see it as you are creating a 'legend' for the future!

That looks like a scratch from strap/bracelet changes.

The lugs are very thin near the end, and a springbar popping out from the ends can do serious structural damage to the lugs. That’s why many used SM Divers have deformed lugs.

The lugs are very thin near the end, and a springbar popping out from the ends can do serious structural damage to the lugs. That’s why many used SM Divers have deformed lugs.

Wow!

I never knew that.

Wow!

I never knew that.
It’s thinner than most watches near the end of the lugs. That’s why it’s best to use springbar pliers, or remove the springbars in an upward motion.

What? You mean that wasn't what stopped the great white from severing your hand at at the wrist?

Man up and get over it 😁

In 50 years there will likely be geeks fawning all over it saying, "wow, look at that honest scratch, must have been used by a diver for it's intended purpose" and the suchlike....see it as you are creating a 'legend' for the future!

I can see how it might cause confusion - that 1mm scratch is in the exact location one would expect from somone catching the D6 pinion hinge on a saturation dive tank hatch during ingress..... (that old D6 scratch)... should add $$$ to the re-sale :0)
Edited:

Wow!

I never knew that.
You can't have been paying attention for the past ten years Jim. I thought everyone knew that a springbar can cause serious structural damage to lugs.
How did you miss all those threads about bent lugs caused by springbars?
Edited:

Nope! No strap changes here my friend. Dropped the watch onto the corner of my desk LOL!

Wow, this is new. Thin, deformed lugs, because of springbar popping out during strap change.

Nope! No strap changes here my friend. Dropped the watch onto the corner of my desk LOL!
The hazards of modern living 😉

"Deformed" lugs on used watches are typically due to over polishing, not super strength spring bars...

"Deformed" lugs on used watches are typically due to over polishing, not super strength spring bars...
I’ve been hoping - genuinely hoping - that this was an attempt at humor. Hope springs eternal. Otherwise another dumpster fire is in the offing.

Two weeks, huh? I once scratched a Milgauss while taking the plastic off (I wished I were kidding). Great looking watch....Enjoy!